• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think you are barking up the wrong tree. We started today with Gomes and Gueye in central midfield are you really saying they are not physicaly strong enough.

As a team we weren't physically competitive enough. But it was a collective problem. And I believe it's a mentality issue more than personel. There's been a number of games this season where we simply haven't fought for second balls, or tried to make tackles or win challenges.

The manager takes responsibility. But it's a disgrace that players are wiling to allow their standards to drop so dramatically.

I suppose you're right, that bench was woeful, can't hope for too much with some of these player's.

The problem is how much we are paying that bench. It isn't full of hungry kids looking to make their mark on the League. My guess is that the players on the bench probably earned between 2-300k between them today. That is the problem.

As a team we weren't physically competitive enough. But it was a collective problem. And I believe it's a mentality issue more than personel. There's been a number of games this season where we simply haven't fought for second balls, or tried to make tackles or win challenges.

The manager takes responsibility. But it's a disgrace that players are wiling to allow their standards to drop so dramatically.

I would love to agree with you but there have also been games in which we have physically dominated the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. We have also shown a far better mentality than those teams.

As you say it is a disgrace but I am not sure what the solution is.

I would love to agree with you but there have also been games in which we have physically dominated the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. We have also shown a far better mentality than those teams.

Better options on the bench for a start.

People were moaning about subs today, did Lookman or Walcott even touch the ball? Granted they were a little late, but neither are gonna change the game. Walcott is done and Lookman is dreaming of the banks of the Rhine, then we stick on half man, half snail.

The fact we have shown we are capable in other games is why I believe it's a mentality issue. The players won a couple of games and we're content to take the foot off the pedal and live off the recent performances. Good teams and winners don't think like that. They always are hungry for the next win. From the off today we weren't hungry to win individual battles. The players need to have a serious look at themselves and how they can allow their standards to fall so much in 6 days.

The fact we have shown we are capable in other games is why I believe it's a mentality issue. The players won a couple of games and we're content to take the foot off the pedal and live off the recent performances. Good teams and winners don't think like that. They always are hungry for the next win. From the off today we weren't hungry to win individual battles. The players need to have a serious look at themselves and how they can allow their standards to fall so much in 6 days.

Chelsea and Arsenal are likely to be in the Last four of the Europa and are competing for top four. I hate to say it they are currently better than us. We beat them because we had home advantage and we were the underdogs. We were more motivated and had less pressure and prevailed. Fulham did the same today.

Chelsea and Arsenal are likely to be in the Last four of the Europa and are competing for top four. I hate to say it they are currently better than us. We beat them because we had home advantage and we were the underdogs. We were more motivated and had less pressure and prevailed. Fulham did the same today.

Today was the more telling game in some ways. We were away from home against a struggling team with no confidence, and we were on a good run. Could we keep it going....

Emphatic no.

We will get nowhere while the players throw in so many of these abject rollovers. I want the manager to succeed but he's going to have to really limit these sort of showings next year. We are getting a reputation as being a soft team who you can bully. That's not acceptable for Everton.

Bl
Personally I think you are barking up the wrong tree. We started today with Gomes and Gueye in central midfield are you really saying they are not physicaly strong enough.

Yes they have many good attributes but physicality isn’t one of them, I think that’s very obvious.

Neither are physically imposing in their style of play or playing atttributes.

No offence, but what can a manager do if they go behind on after half time. All he can do is make subs, but that team on the pitch should be good enough regardless.
Take his hands out of his pockets and say something would be a start, change formation, switch wingers, make subs, yell, show some passion. Lots of options, then again I'm not a flavor of the month manager so what do I know?

I’m more upset with how we lost this game than losing the game itself. We took our feet completely off the gas. To make matters worse, once we went down, we didn’t rectify any of the problems we had. We didn’t want it.

Sure, we had tiny spell in the 2nd, but it was all undone by one huge mistake in the back. You just have to respect your opposition. Silva needs to get on them about that. We could have gone another 40 minutes and wouldn’t have come close to a goal. It was spineless.

If we lose, let it be beacuse we were unfortunate. It sucks to see a lack of effort like we witnessed today.

Today was the more telling game in some ways. We were away from home against a struggling team with no confidence, and we were on a good run. Could we keep it going....

Emphatic no.

We will get nowhere while the players throw in so many of these abject rollovers. I want the manager to succeed but he's going to have to really limit these sort of showings next year. We are getting a reputation as being a soft team who you can bully. That's not acceptable for Everton.
I reckon if we start badly we just don't recover. Poor passing etc seems infectious. Players who were excellent last week don't run or misplace passes. They looked exhausted in my eyes.

Haha I knew it that silva wouldn’t be able to keep up the good run, this is his big test now where many before him have fail. Can he bounce back quick (like Moyes use to do) or will it be the Martinez/Koeman way and thing just start to get worse and worse again, his had his good run but that means nothing if he can’t get this team winning again very quickly.

Hmm i have been critical (in fact i was of and still am of the opinion that he was the cheap option appointment) of Silva, and that criticism was deserved.Likewise i praised him when it has been due as well.Overall the jury is very much out on Silva.I don't think what im about to say, applies to all the people who want Silva out.But there does seem to a small but vocal minority of posters, who seem to be falling and tripping over themselves, such is their eagerness and enthusiasm to see him fail.

Hmm i have been critical (in fact i was of and still am of the opinion that he was the cheap option appointment) of Silva, and that criticism was deserved.Likewise i praised him when it has been due as well.Overall the jury is very much out on Silva.I don't think what im about to say, applies to all the people who want Silva out.But there does seem to a small but vocal minority of posters, who seem to be falling and tripping over themselves, such is their eagerness and enthusiasm to see him fail.

You’ve only just noticed lol

I’m convinced it is a mental problem in this team, I said on here last week that I was still interested to see what would happen when we conceded, well, now we know. This team, although they have loads of ability, have a very fragile mental attitude. At the first sign of a setback in a game ‘heads drop’.

We need a very strong character in that side, a winner who will demand that they keep their heads up when things are not going their way, more easily said than done I know, but, I am sure that Brands and Silva are aware of the problem and are trying to bring in just such a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.