The Old Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

67449459.jpg

Baines and Jagielka I would release. Coleman one more year while we see if Holgate and Kenny have what it takes. Stekelenburg keep but make him 3rd choice behind Virginia. Tosun needs moved on and replaced. Gueye I would keep as my bench midfielder but I fear he may want to move on. Walcott and Sigurdsson good players but need a particular system that when it doesn't work makes them look poor. I would move both on if right offer came in.

Id bin him as well...

Cant think of a top side who has a destroyer so poor on the ball.

Admittedly hes played 2 great passes across field per game recently...but his all round game when on the ball is so so poor.

He plays about 3 or 4 shocking passes per game maximum when playing poorly, and about 2 of them when playing well. The rest of the time he keeps possession with ease as he mostly plays simple passes. Our fans have certain players they like to pick on for things though.

How many times did Digne mess things up yesterday? He must have stuck the ball out with poor passes or by mis controlling 3-5 times. But there isn't a single groan when he does it.

Baines and Jagielka I would release. Coleman one more year while we see if Holgate and Kenny have what it takes. Stekelenburg keep but make him 3rd choice behind Virginia. Tosun needs moved on and replaced. Gueye I would keep as my bench midfielder but I fear he may want to move on. Walcott and Sigurdsson good players but need a particular system that when it doesn't work makes them look poor. I would move both on if right offer came in.

Agree with all your points bar Gueye. He clearly wants to go and he's 30 so to me its a good opportunity to bring in some decent money and allow Silva to reshape the midfield in the way he wants it.

Walcott would be moved on if someone could be found to pay his wages. I could see most of any transfer fee being given to him anyway to make up the shortfall though.

Here’s Gana’s Stats compared to both Kante and Fernandinho, who are considered 2 of the best DM players in the world. To say that he’s useless with the ball, proves that you don’t actually appreciate what he does.View attachment 56894View attachment 56895View attachment 56896View attachment 56897

To be fair sarri for some bizarre reasonhas kante playing further forward our of position. Would like to see the stats for the past few seasons

Fernandinos is a different type of holding midfielder as well

He plays about 3 or 4 shocking passes per game maximum when playing poorly, and about 2 of them when playing well. The rest of the time he keeps possession with ease as he mostly plays simple passes. Our fans have certain players they like to pick on for things though.

How many times did Digne mess things up yesterday? He must have stuck the ball out with poor passes or by mis controlling 3-5 times. But there isn't a single groan when he does it.

Youre comparing the usually reliable Digne to Gana in terms of passing ability?

Come on mate...

Status
Not open for further replies.