Everton - The Toffees Nickname - Time for change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly in my view it,s time for a change, The Toffees has no traction or meaning with the current millenial Everton fans, in a new global digital media world with respect to our brand.

Right I will go first. My suggestion

Blue Devils
I like tradition, the millenials must be resisted.

It’s a wind up yeah? While we’re at at may as well get rid of that song they keep playing , the one that goes “ ..and if you know your history “
Just keep those sirens before z cars.. don't think we've conceeded since we started using them !

Don't think I've ever referred to us as being The Toffees either. I've always just called us The Blues to be honest ?

To be fair I've always hated the way our nickname is open season for the lazy anti Everton journo fraternity i.e .... Sticky situation for toffees... Everton stuck in midtable ... toffees come unstuck etc... etc ...

How long is it since the toffee lady went around the ground before kickoff slinging toffees into the crowd?
I reckon they actually need to make more of the Toffee Lady as our mascot.

For years it's just been a little girl in a blue dress wandering around before kickoff looking lost.

We need to get one of those giant foam costumes made of her and have her walking around during the match getting the crowd going, punching the air and celebrating a goal!

For years it's just been a little girl in a blue dress wandering around before kickoff looking lost.

We need to get one of those giant foam costumes made of her and have her walking around during the match getting the crowd going, punching the air and celebrating a goal!
A toffee transgender actually

Bring back Mary Gorry I say

Honestly in my view it,s time for a change, The Toffees has no traction or meaning with the current millenial Everton fans, in a new global digital media world with respect to our brand.

Right I will go first. My suggestion

Blue Devils

....i’m amazed. I love our nickname, it’s part of our tradition. Football fans know us as the Toffees.

I respect other people’s views, but this really is a ludicrous idea. It’s not even April 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.