Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well you put a choice of reasons for something that is plainly down to one one casual factor, so it did follow..

Assumption (1) Board didn’t release any money for Brands in January. Assumption (2) No one good enough was available to plead for money. And these assumptions (because that’s all they are) lead to the conclusion Brands isn’t good at his job??

I could agree with you. Problem with that is both of us will be wrong then.

I mean to even blame Brands in the first place for struggling to get rid the likes of Cuco Martina, Kevin Mirallas Yannick Bolasie Sandro Ramierez Ashley Williams and Oumar Niasse permanently all in one window is just ridiculous, He deserves a medal for finding a club willing to loan these absolute bozos

Assumption (1) Board didn’t release any money for Brands in January. Assumption (2) No one good enough was available to plead for money. And these assumptions (because that’s all they are) lead to the conclusion Brands isn’t good at his job??

I could agree with you. Problem with that is both of us will be wrong then.
No. You obvioulsly haven't been reading this exchange right. I said he cant do 50% of his job. There's two windows and he by admission only deals in one. Therefore it's the easiest and obvious thing to point to THAT as THE causal effect NOT go round the houses with all your assumptions that are secondary explanations...if that.

It's a difficult one with Che Adams. The Championship is one of the hardest leagues to buy from, you can just never be sure with players in there, and gone on the days when you could buy any player in there for £5m.

Everything looks good for Adams, but then you've got a completely jarg player in Teemu Pukki who failed in Scotland of all places tearing the goal chart to pieces so it's very hard to identify true quality in that league.

Someone mentioned Joe Byran a few pages back which is a good example, he looked a perfectly capable player in the championship but I don't think I've ever seen a full back get rinsed as many times as he has in a single season.

For what it's worth, I think Neal Maupay at Brentford is the best striker in the championship with Buendia at Norwich and Carvalho at Forest looking like high level players too but they could just as likely be trash. Complete coin toss.

No. You obvioulsly haven't been reading this exchange right. I said he cant do 50% of his job. There's two windows and he by admission only deals in one. Therefore it's the easiest and obvious thing to point to THAT as THE causal effect NOT go round the houses with all your assumptions that are secondary explanations...if that.

So let me see if I’ve got this. He’s only traded in 1 of the 2 windows he’s presided over. This makes him only 50% effective. So if he trades in the next transfer window, he’ll be 66% effective??

Yeh I get that mate, don't disagree, but people keep talking like because we have DCL, Lookman etc. we aren't going to be splashing out on a forward. Whether it's a traditional number 9 or not I still think we'll go big for someone.

How much is "going big"?

So let me see if I’ve got this. He’s only traded in 1 of the 2 windows he’s presided over. This makes him only 50% effective. So if he trades in the next transfer window, he’ll be 66% effective??

@davek is referring to Brands not selling unsellable players.

Status
Not open for further replies.