Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude, we aren't signing a 29 year old to 6 figures a week when we've got 4 other players at that position. If anything, we are going to sell one of those players.
Might need to sell anyway would sooner go into Europe with experience guys that scene it done it than inexperience is all I'm saying RFC came close this year partly down to it don't want same for Everton is all I am saying

Praise the Lord.
I really like Dzeko and think he'd help, but you better believe West Ham is going to sign him for like 3 years on 150K+ a week. That's absolutely going to happen.

That team is screwed. Declan Rice is young and talented, Diop is as well. Andersen turns 26 in a week, but still would fetch a decent payout. Who else? Lanzini? 26, coming off an ACL tear, but we complain about Siggy only being a 10, where does that guy play? Gana marked him out of the game - which was amazing, BTW.

Wilshere? 27, probably on 100K, injury history, several surgeries...

...we are in a MUCH better spot.

The scoring exploits of two young forwards mean Marcel Brands looks unlikely to change Everton's transfer strategy and buy a “huge striker” this summer.

The Blues' front line options need a revamp but Brands insists he will not make signings that will stunt the development of the club's existing talent.

Instead, Everton would be more likely to try and recruit another young, utility forward in the Richarlison-mould, who can play in a number of positions while Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse will be among those available for sale.

“I think we have a good squad and I am aware that the fans are asking if we can find a new striker who can score 20 goals,” Brands said earlier in the season.
“I think we are a very, very lucky club in England that we have three players with great potential who are just 21-years-old," he said. "We have Dominic [Calvert-Lewin], we have Richarlison and we have Ademola [Lookman].

“And if I bring in a new player, a huge striker or a name, should I destroy one of them? It is also my goal to protect those boys. Everyone agrees with me that they have great potential and a great future."

543980_med__20190127130234_rafael_leao.jpg

The scoring exploits of two young forwards mean Marcel Brands looks unlikely to change Everton's transfer strategy and buy a “huge striker” this summer.

The Blues' front line options need a revamp but Brands insists he will not make signings that will stunt the development of the club's existing talent.

Instead, Everton would be more likely to try and recruit another young, utility forward in the Richarlison-mould, who can play in a number of positions while Cenk Tosun and Oumar Niasse will be among those available for sale.

“I think we have a good squad and I am aware that the fans are asking if we can find a new striker who can score 20 goals,” Brands said earlier in the season.
“I think we are a very, very lucky club in England that we have three players with great potential who are just 21-years-old," he said. "We have Dominic [Calvert-Lewin], we have Richarlison and we have Ademola [Lookman].

“And if I bring in a new player, a huge striker or a name, should I destroy one of them? It is also my goal to protect those boys. Everyone agrees with me that they have great potential and a great future."

Exactly. Hasn't said we aren't signing a striker at all.

Ok PStar.

These are all min fees, we might get more.

Bolaise 10m, Besic 5m, Onyekuru 20m, Tosun, sadly I cant see us finding anybody to buy him, he has loaned out for 3 years all over him, Niasse 10m, Morgs 10m, Walcott 15m, McCarthy 10m, Lookman 15m, the rest of the rubbish isnt worth a sausage. Lets say 100m all in.

70m to buy Zooms and Gomes, 45m for Seb Haller.

We would then need to replace Walcott, Lookman, Morgs and Tosun from the above list.

And thats without buying another RB and possibly another CM.

Which is why its very prudent to give Baines and Jags another year!

*thinking emoji

The whole things an utter mess, as I keep saying, I would hate to Brands having to sort this all out.
Yes, I certainly think we can actually get more than 70 mill from sales. But I think we've got replacements already on hand for the likes of Morgs, theres rubbish bins everywhere.

Getting a player on loan from the likes of Barcelona or Bayern, and then one on a free is what really frees up your transfer funds. Think about how much we would struggle without the likes of Gomes or Bernard this season, pivotal players that cost us little outside of wages, compared to most. Thats where Brands works his true genius, along with scouring the youtubes for those stars that can be hand for less than 20-25 million. Its a big job, but if he can sell off our dross he can do anything.

I really like Dzeko and think he'd help, but you better believe West Ham is going to sign him for like 3 years on 150K+ a week. That's absolutely going to happen.

That team is screwed. Declan Rice is young and talented, Diop is as well. Andersen turns 26 in a week, but still would fetch a decent payout. Who else? Lanzini? 26, coming off an ACL tear, but we complain about Siggy only being a 10, where does that guy play? Gana marked him out of the game - which was amazing, BTW.

Wilshere? 27, probably on 100K, injury history, several surgeries...

...we are in a MUCH better spot.

Our wage bill is ridiculous, but Westhams must be bloody enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.