Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said we would come to rue that Newcastle game and was laughed at.

And as I keep saying, the Newcastle game is no more important than the other 13 games we have lost this season.

Well apart from the defeats against whichever team beats us to 7th, we have lost to Wolves, Watford and Leicester, so the 6 point swing in those games will be a much bigger factor than Newcastle.

No No and NO again to 7th place. Starting in July is potentially disastrous in a tournament that no one gives a damn about except for the last 3 rounds.

Sorry but I’ll never get this mentality. Half the season has been spent moaning about how we aren’t doing well enough and then people turn round and say they’d sacrifice league position and an extra shot at a trophy because we’ll be playing competitive football in July rather than putting 22 past some farmers somewhere?

And as I keep saying, the Newcastle game is no more important than the other 13 games we have lost this season.

Well apart from the defeats against whichever team beats us to 7th, we have lost to Wolves, Watford and Leicester, so the 6 point swing in those games will be a much bigger factor than Newcastle.

Get what you're saying however those games where during our awful period.

This Newcastle game was in the midst of our revival in form and at 2 up at 60 minutes no way should we have lost that imo.

7th definitely up for grabs and tbh i would class anything less than 7th as not good enough considering the quality we have and that we finished 8th last season with 3 tossers in charge. Need to continue this good run of form right till the last game and we will have a chance.

Next weekends fixtures

Leicester vs Newcastle - Leicester win

Southampton vs Wolves - Draw

Watford vs Arsenal - Draw

Personally think those will be the results.

If we can not slip up against Fulham who at this point are playing for pride and the above happen we'll go into 8th 1 point off 7th.

Its all in our hands just hope the lads dont slip up and results for once go our way for a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.