New Everton Stadium Discussion

Five real ales, get it done Moshiri.

I want proper cider at the pumps. Not some sugared abortion made with apple peel and chemicals.

The alcohol range and pricing is diabolical. Sort your shiz out Evv and people might consider calling a halt to their crusade of hidden cans and class A's.

Put Wetherspoons bars in every stand.

The RS fans say we're not a big enough club to have a 60,000 stadium but I disagree. When I started going the game in the 1950s our average attendance was around 70,000.

Besides, moving to a new stadium increases your average attendance dramatically.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadiun, they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. They now have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are more willing to buy a ticket if the stadium has great facilities and no obstructed views.

Spurs’ stadium is opening today with a capacity of over 62,000. Our plan to open a new stadium at 52,000 is pathetic. We simply have to re-think this.

Build for what we want to be, not for what we currently are.

Totally agree.

I remember the days when we were thought of as being as big a club as Spurs, if not bigger.

Not anymore.

Spurs’ stadium is opening today with a capacity of over 62,000. Our plan to open a new stadium at 52,000 is pathetic. We simply have to re-think this.

Build for what we want to be, not for what we currently are.

Fully agree. Stadium capacity of 61,878 - lower the ticket prices & bring more in. See it as an investment in getting more fans in at an early age. Add to that the additional tourism etc i'd be happy with that.

Hell - even if we have a 10k tier around the top which we can close off & hide if we can't fill it.

Watching Man City last night I was amazed at the number of empty seats in their stadium. This is a team playing to go back top of the Premier League, one trophy already in the cabinet, going for two more, playing some of the best football we've seen at times and with historically a strong local fan base. The atmosphere was terrible. Rather have the new stadium smaller but full myself. As long as the club have a policy of ensuring the local fan base have enough season tickets to cover demand then the rest of us will just have to take our chances on general sales and enjoy those occasions we get to watch Everton in hopefully one of the best atmospheric stadiums around.

Cant see for the foreseeable future match day ticket revenues being the financial driver of taking teams from best of the rest to top six challenger.