Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he's just turned 30, I take it back.

Lookman has done ok this season, he's a young lad and I can't see his value plummeting to Brands, who rejected 20+ million last season.

Vlasic will not be sold for less than what we want for Onyekuru, we will want more for him. We have asked for 35 million for Onyekuru. Do some maths, 35 + 35 + x (where x is a figure that is above 20) and what do you get.

Again we have Mina, Keane, Holgate and likely 1 loanee (as I said in the post). We may even see Zouma stay, which I hope but sense it won't work that way.

I hope that has alleviated your concerns.

Is the £35mil price tag figure based on the report that weve quoted that to Bayern?

Not sure on Lookman, think his stock within the club has certainly fallen especially after Silvas 'disappointed' comments.

Brands will have to work serious magic to get Aaron’s here mate. As I have said previously we have definitely scouted him, however so have Spurs, Arsenal and Juve have scouted both Norwich fullbacks this season. Ironically their scout who I play footy with reckons last week was the worst he had seen him play. Think we will be looking for cheaper alternatives elsewhere than paying the English premium.

Think it depends really. No other team has the urgent need for a starting right back nor do they play as many youngsters as we do...

Also it could attract him that weve got 5 england u21 internationals as well as full internationals for England so he knows he will be noticed.

We still need English players to be in the squad if only for the regulations. I wonder if we will keep the young ones we have in the squad who arent getting games e.g Holgate/Dowell/Baningime (loaned) and others just to fulfill the criteria.

Or we go for the approach Brands used in Holland and target young players from smaller teams and coach them.

We paid £20 million mate, that fee was a media lie.
You're right, my fault - 22.5 million euros so about £20 million

If we sold him for £15mil then we'd roughly break even based on 'book value'.

Thesedays its not a large amount for Turkeys star striker.

The wages also i think all premier league teams could pay them.

I expect a loan for a season to a team which gets him chances and suits his game then a sale.

Neres or Malcom i think for the right attacking slot if were looking for someone there...

Bernard and Richarlison have the wide slots covered imo but you always need competition.

I think it’s safe to say that we need to bring in:
A centre back
Right back
Centre mid
Striker

As a minimum.

This will just about cover the loss of returning loans, our already lacking striker and Father Time catching up with sixty grand.

Given our recent couple of years worth of pissing money up the wall, I can’t see us managing to bring in 4 players of good standard, let alone more players on top of this, without the sale of at least one first team player. Unless we’re planning on dipping into the loan market again and hoping something becomes available.

Brands will have to work serious magic to get Aaron’s here mate. As I have said previously we have definitely scouted him, however so have Spurs, Arsenal and Juve have scouted both Norwich fullbacks this season. Ironically their scout who I play footy with reckons last week was the worst he had seen him play. Think we will be looking for cheaper alternatives elsewhere than paying the English premium.

How often do teams who get promoted sell their best players as well.

I think it’s safe to say that we need to bring in:
A centre back
Right back
Centre mid
Striker

As a minimum.

This will just about cover the loss of returning loans, our already lacking striker and Father Time catching up with sixty grand.

Given our recent couple of years worth of pissing money up the wall, I can’t see us managing to bring in 4 players of good standard, let alone more players on top of this, without the sale of at least one first team player. Unless we’re planning on dipping into the loan market again and hoping something becomes available.
I think one or two first teamers will leave, but I doubt that will weaken us, as let’s be honest. We aren’t a great team. I think 4 will be a minimum, or we will add a couple of loans, like you say.

I’m optimistic the team will kick on next year, with brands doing the buying and hopefully targeting young hungry players.

Anyone who watches garbage like the Chinese and Russian Leagues must love their football tbf. Couldn't be arsed with that me.

I tried watching the Aussie league a few times. Makes you realise how good teams like Fulham and Cardiff actually are in the grand scheme of things. Literally the defences are so bad that there was like 3-4 one on one chances with the gk between the sides , the game ended 0-0 with all the strikers missing the target lol slow paced and with countless miss placed passes and loose touches. Makes you really appreciate how good all these “ crap” players in the Prem actually are. Literally ... Hibbert @25 would be the best player in that league if he played there.

How often do teams who get promoted sell their best players as well.

You know we would do it if we ever found ourselves in that situation ... proper Everton that.
We kind of did that when we finished 4th, to try and push on we splashes 9.5m on Neville and Beattie lol

My bad, I’ve lumped some leagues together there. But deffo take on board the Scottish league as being higher than it should. The Serie A hasn’t half declined (overall). But saying that Atlanta gave us a good kicking not long ago.
I think one of the measures of the quality of a league is the amount of woprld class players that break through in it. The Argentine league figures well in that regard.

Yes he's just turned 30, I take it back.

Lookman has done ok this season, he's a young lad and I can't see his value plummeting to Brands, who rejected 20+ million last season.

Vlasic will not be sold for less than what we want for Onyekuru, we will want more for him. We have asked for 35 million for Onyekuru. Do some maths, 35 + 35 + x (where x is a figure that is above 20) and what do you get.

Again we have Mina, Keane, Holgate and likely 1 loanee (as I said in the post). We may even see Zouma stay, which I hope but sense it won't work that way.

I hope that has alleviated your concerns.
I would be astonished if there's any truth in the £35m stuff for Onyekuru, and even more so for Vlasic. If we got £35m for the pair I'd think it was great business. Lookman is a year closer to the end of his contract and a year older without progressing. I think £50m for the three would be a generous estimate of what we could realistically get to be honest.

I would be astonished if there's any truth in the £35m stuff for Onyekuru, and even more so for Vlasic. If we got £35m for the pair I'd think it was great business. Lookman is a year closer to the end of his contract and a year older without progressing. I think £50m for the three would be a generous estimate of what we could realistically get to be honest.

I agree with this.

But in an ideal world wouldn't it be better if we tried to keep this promising young players and built a team around them? They'd have ups and downs (like Lokman has this season) but ultimately it's the best chance of progressing and building a decent squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.