Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

They were never going to sign him to be honest, it was a bit of a stupid deal in truth.

His contract is up in the summer of 2020. So he has a year to run on his contract this summer. If you were Fiorentina why would you pay 7mill for a player permanently you know Everton want rid off, would bite your hand off for 1mill loan fee for the last year of his contract and you can sign him on a free then in 2020.

He’s basically gone on a free now if someone’s picks up his wage for his last year, we can forget about him really.

I’m sure it’s a positive for us that he will be wanting to get a contract beyond the one he has with us, hopefully this summer he pushes a deal through that will tie him down in the long term elsewhere. Even if that doesn’t materialise he will be pushing for game time to put himself in view of a deal - so some positives at least.

We broke the back of a lot of it last summer though. It looks like Bolasie is doing ok in Belgium so a decent chance he gets shifted. The 3 young lads (Lookman, Vlasic, Onyekuru) should bring in approaching £100 million (or could be useful first team additions). We then have players like Jagielka, Baines, Williams who are out of contract. There are a couple who will be more difficult to shift, namely Mirallas and Sandro, certainly with Sandro he will likely have another pre-season and we have to wait and see on him.

You have undoubtedly got an issue then with players such as Tosun/Walcott/Schneiderlin though I think it's important we don't go overboard on them. If they have to remain as squad players they can probably be quite effective in the short term. I do think we may get a buyer for them, particularly Schneiderlin who has looked better recently.

Players are improving within the squad, if we can focus on adding 3-4 players this window who all make a difference that will be brilliant.
100m for vlasic, lookman and onyekuru, put the bottle down lad.

The loans out were shocking yet again last summer.
Bolasie cancelled his own loan at villa and then went to Anderlecht with them paying only a percentage of his wages.
Mirallas was sent to fiorentina with no obligation to buy, after what happened with olympiakos it's absolutely shocking

Zouma and jags leaving at the end of the season meaning someone else needs to be signed. Mina, Keane holgate is no where near good enough for a full season.

A back up lb to replace baines and not just promote a youth player, there can't be a massive drop in quality if digne is injured.

Buying gomes (EST 25m), and a zouma/jags replacement (EST 10m), your looking at 35m just to stand still.

Then walcott who is 30 and Schneiderlin who is 30 this year, on massive wages, your hoping bottom half teams come in for them but due to their wages unlikely.

The comments coming from brands and the club signals cheaper unproven players hoping they come good, a method adopted by moyes.

I see the salary list has finally been updated.

Gomes-110k a week
Richarlison -90k a week
Dignes- 90k a week
Zouma 40k a week +2m loan fee

They were never going to sign him to be honest, it was a bit of a stupid deal in truth.

His contract is up in the summer of 2020. So he has a year to run on his contract this summer. If you were Fiorentina why would you pay 7mill for a player permanently you know Everton want rid off, would bite your hand off for 1mill loan fee for the last year of his contract and you can sign him on a free then in 2020.

He’s basically gone on a free now if someone’s picks up his wage for his last year, we can forget about him really.
Let him go... unless someone is prepared to pay more, I'd let him go for free if they payed his wage and ensured he didn't get another penny out of us (probably due a loyalty bonus or something equally stupid sounding when you say it out loud).

The 3 young lads (Lookman, Vlasic, Onyekuru) should bring in approaching £100 million

Wildly optimistic this. Lookman's only taker last summer was willing to buy for roughly the £15m-£20m mark and we were more interested in closer to £30m. He hasn't done much to raise his price since.

Onyekuru, let's be generous and say we'd get about £20m-£25m for him based on his links to Bayern Munich and how much they we were willing to pay for Hudson-Odoi.

Vlasic has had a loan spell at CSKA Moscow since his £10m move to Everton and has done okay at best. I can't see many clubs paying much more than that for him now.

So tippy top we'd get for them is £40m-£50m if they each had cash rich buyers lined up (maybe). None of this current squad would go for big money. None of them have done well enough in the past two seasons to warrant a big bid from another club.

Didnt even realise norwich were top! Leeds seemed as though they would win it at a canter...

Norwich have the highest goals scored but also the highest conceded...

Think Aarons seems to be the highly rated player this season. Sessegnon is also still young and going down with Fulham...hsrd to gauge if they can make the step up.

I've said on here before, my old man is a season ticket holder at Carrow Road and get dragged quite a bit to their games. Aaron's will make it to the top mate, excellent full back. Defensively he has a few things to iron out but if he carries on progressing like he has this past couple of seasons he is going to be an excellent PL fullback. Lewis the other side is very good too. Couple of their lads in Midfield look decent aswell. Vrancic looked quality at the start of the season but after injury has struggled to get in and Buendia is a lovely little playmaker with a bit of snide.

Status
Not open for further replies.