Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastien Haller or Raul Jimenez are my perfect strikers who I think would suit Silva's style perfectly.

Wouldn't be easy to sign Haller as they will sell Jović in the summer.

Sebastien Haller or Raul Jimenez are my perfect strikers who I think would suit Silva's style perfectly.

Wouldn't be easy to sign Haller as they will sell Jović in the summer.

Would you have said that about Jiminez before this season out of interest?

I didn’t know much or anything about him before this season but loads thought he was crap before he went to Wolves and didn’t want him when we were linked in the past.

I definitely think getting a Giroud type player would be a huge benefit, Digne has created the most chances from defenders this season, Having some rapid striker won't suit this team unless we buy some creative midfielders imo I've rarely seen play balls over the top or through balls in the middle.
Who that player is I don't know, I like Mitrovic but he would cost way over his value.

Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay and Siem de Jong come to mind automatically. Seems attacking players from the Dutch league are not settling in this league, I cannot remember the last one to hit the ground running and make it a success.

No transfer is a safe bet but I would be incredibly reluctant to gamble big money on a player from the Dutch league - particularly an attacker.
Luis Suarez.

Vincent Janssen, Memphis Depay and Siem de Jong come to mind automatically. Seems attacking players from the Dutch league are not settling in this league, I cannot remember the last one to hit the ground running and make it a success.

No transfer is a safe bet but I would be incredibly reluctant to gamble big money on a player from the Dutch league - particularly an attacker.
Luis Suarez.
Bony, RVP, Van Nistelrooy, Henrik Larsson, Romario, Koeman, Ronaldo?

I didn’t know much or anything about him before this season but loads thought he was crap before he went to Wolves and didn’t want him when we were linked in the past.
I certainly wouldn't, but it was based on other people opinions, as I never seen him play. He proved them (and me) wrong as he's a proper striker and I think he's suited to the Premier League. Would love to have a player like him around.

DCL is pretty similar to him when it comes to physique, so I hope he'll develop to the heights of Jimenez soon.

He was linked two years ago but release was 40m +

Rumored anyway

I certainly wouldn't, but it was based on other people opinions, as I never seen him play. He proved them (and me) wrong as he's a proper striker and I think he's suited to the Premier League. Would love to have a player like him around.

DCL is pretty similar to him when it comes to physique, so I hope he'll develop to the heights of Jimenez soon.

That’s cool mate. I’d certainly have him now too.

Reckon he’ll probably stay there to be honest though.

Probably is worth about that to be honest.

He defo wasnt then.

27 games 1 goals for Ath Madrid.

Personally I wouldnt be spunking 40m on him, hes never got the digits he has now before.

But very interested in Wolves transfers this window, they have a chance to kick on, but some of their players should be off to bigger things, be interested how Mendes plays it going forward.

Silva prefers 4-3-3 which doesn’t involve a playmaker.

Number 10 role is dead in world football now.

It absolutely requires a playmaker, just one sitting a bit deeper. Silva plays two 4-3-3 variants. One involves an anchor man type #6 - think William Carvalho - and more of a box to box player running around in support of a playmaker / pivot man to help distribute to the attacker and/or help spring our fullback when we are building out of the back. Or he plays with twin DMs/CMs and the playmaker/pivot man in front of them - think of Chalobah and Doucoure behind Cleverly. Maybe it's not a #10 in terms of position on the pitch, but it's still a role that Siggy can play rather well and DID play well in the Cardiff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.