First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred Pickering scored 2 and The Golden Vision 1 in a 3-1 win over Blackpool in 1964. My dad took me in the Park End Stand.

Anyone else remember seeing Stanley Mathews playing for Stoke against us in about 64?
I mentioned it in the ale house one time
And got slaughtered for it.
Yes. We had a young left back from Southport named Bryan Griffiths. I think he only played two games, and his debut was against Matthews, who was well into his 40s(?). He had Griffiths inside out and on his backside the whole game. I think the lad went back home quite soon.(Historians...Bryan Griffiths career at Everton ?)

Well that would have been a Dave Clements penalty v Altrincham FA Cup 3rd round Jan 75. FT 1-1 aged 7

1st Everton goal of your lifetime, not the 1st you witnessed FFS.
Can't believe how many people can't understand the thread title.
1st goal you ever seen would also make a good thread TBF

Yes. We had a young left back from Southport named Bryan Griffiths. I think he only played two games, and his debut was against Matthews, who was well into his 40s(?). He had Griffiths inside out and on his backside the whole game. I think the lad went back home quite soon.(Historians...Bryan Griffiths career at Everton ?)
Thanks Steve , I thought I was losing my marbles.

My first goal was Matt Jackson Vs. Leeds, we drew 1-1 in February 1992.

First in person was Ferguson at home to Palace on opening day of 1997-98 season. We lost 2-1.

My first goal was Matt Jackson Vs. Leeds, we drew 1-1 in February 1992.

First in person was Ferguson at home to Palace on opening day of 1997-98 season. We lost 2-1.

....that game v Leeds was the first game I took my son to. He was born in ‘88 and Tony Cottee scored the first Everton goal of his life.

My daughter was born at the beginning of May ‘85, what a time to come into the world. The first Everton goal of her life was scored by Andy Gray.

I'd seen quite a few goals for us but nothing to write home about. In '58 I was behind the goal in Gwladys Street, the corner of the penalty box by
Bullens Road, 'Shirley Temple' hit a right foot volley into the roof of the Arsenal net above Jack Kelsey the Welsh goalie. I'd say it was like Jagielkas
against the RS but to the right side of the box. The only problem was that Arsenal had already scored 6.

I'd seen quite a few goals for us but nothing to write home about. In '58 I was behind the goal in Gwladys Street, the corner of the penalty box by
Bullens Road, 'Shirley Temple' hit a right foot volley into the roof of the Arsenal net above Jack Kelsey the Welsh goalie. I'd say it was like Jagielkas
against the RS but to the right side of the box. The only problem was that Arsenal had already scored 6.

.....lovely striker of a football was Derek Temple.

Less than 24hrs old and a certain Mr A. Ball scored the only goal in a second round League Cup win away at Darlington.
We won the league that season. Man City won the League Cup and the ECWC and there was a third-place play-off in the FA Cup.
Four Everton players played every game of the 42-match season, Royle, West, Wright and Hurst.

Status
Not open for further replies.