2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I saw him with his hand on his mrs' arse I've liked him.

He's grown a lot this season and is really maturing into a fine young striker. It is a huge responsibility to lead the line as an Everton striker. The fact that he's been widely talked about as our star player in games against Manchester City and Chelsea this season speaks volumes.

He needs to improve his finishing, clearly, but that should come with time. I thought he should have been out on loan this season, but our failure to sign a striker has given him a chance and he's taken it, imo.

I don't think he's ready to start for us next season, not if we've ambition to challenge the top 6, but I would have no issue whatsoever with him being a squad player and challenging for a spot. He's mature, speaks well, represents the club well, is clearly well-liked by our players and manager and looks like he has a bright future with us.

Well done, Dom.

Its hard leading the line, running the channels, making himself available for flicks, plus he did it on his own for 90minutes, sure he gets support from other players, but its physically demanding.

Sure we can expect more, but personally I was very pleased with what I saw, it was a real number 9 performance, if he continues to grow and improve he could be some player in 2 years, hes got all the tools, he just needs to stay injury free and keep his hunger.

We of course still need other options, we cant expect, nor is he quite ready to shoulder the role all on his own for a whole season, but a very promising player, bought for only 1.5m, which in the modern game is an utter steal.

dont get me wrong. i like Dom...
it just caught my attention

i believe all players including the keeper should run and press the oppositions defence and scream war cries

Granted I have only watched about a third to half of our games this season but he gets better every time I see him.

I’m pleased for him.
I remember when Koeman first started playing him. Clearly wasnt the level needed, but he's really developed well. Might still not be good enought to be our main guy yet, but Id say he now looks good enough to be the main striker for a PL team with less ambition than us. I think he might be the real deal.

I’m not for one minute saying that DCL should be in the England senior team, but why on earth is this lad ahead in the pecking order?

Bizzarre.

They don't play the same position so it isn't really a fair comparison but at any rate Hudson-Odoi is immensely talented and Sarri not playing him in favour of Pedro, who is terrible at this point in his career, is a massive mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.