• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not hypocritical at all though. Allardyce was always a short term appointment, we knew that. Silva is a long term appointment, that has been confirmed by both Moshiri and Brands. There is therefore a very clear difference in what we're expecting from each of them.

It's not that we're an inconsistent side 'under him', we're just an inconsistent side full stop. We have been for my entire Everton supporting life. There's actually this thing I saw the other day, where they give teams points based on their results and then rank them in order starting with who's got the most. From what I could tell, the consistently good teams were at the top of this grid thing, the consistently bad ones at the bottom, and the inconsistent ones in the middle. Remarkable thing it was.

The problem with Silva's inconsistency is that it has been 1 win in every 6 or so games.

Obviously the long term aim is to have consistency but for me the manager has to show progression towards that through the inconsistency ie. 3 wins out of 6 with maybe 1 loss and 2 draws aint great but its on the right path.

The problem with Silva's inconsistency is that it has been 1 win in every 6 or so games.

Obviously the long term aim is to have consistency but for me the manager has to show progression towards that through the inconsistency ie. 3 wins out of 6 with maybe 1 loss and 2 draws aint great but its on the right path.
Well no actually that is great. That sort of form would probably have us in the top 4, and that is not currently realistic. At all.

I do not think that Silva has the players playing to their optimum even though there are obvious deficiences and a lack of balance in the squad.

I have no idea what type of football we are trying to play other than , generally speaking , we try to play out from the back.

I do not see Silva as an inspirational , charismatic , manager.

In short I just do see where we are going under him.

A run of a few wins and good form for a few months would be cause to come on here and have a dig at the Silva-out camp. Buy I guess getting smashed around all season you will make a crumb into a feast. I get it lads. You've been suppressed.

But one swallow doesn't make an orgy as they say.

It's still fair to say that a team that consists of

England number one
French international full back
Columbian international centre half
Portuguese international and euro winner
2 X Brazilian internationals
Icelandic midfielder that is statistically one of the consistent prem players

Should really be performing better . Whatever the reasons , if you said we would have that sort of calibre the day moshiri came in , just a few short years later then we would be dreaming of how high we would be.

England number one

Should really be performing better . Whatever the reasons , if you said we would have that sort of calibre the day moshiri came in , just a few short years later then we would be dreaming of how high we would be.

If only football was 7 a side.

England number one

Great or indeed good teams are invariably greater than the sum their parts.
You could have a team of superstars but if they do not compliment each other and work well together they will fail.
Building a team takes time and will always involve a level of trial and error.
The salient point is it requires patience to reap the greater rewards.

I think we have a poor squad in all honesty, poorly assembled at that. There are 100s of threads about getting rid of the dead wood, then there are comments saying with this squad we should be higher. Dont think so myself.
Looking at the Arsenal squad on paper they don't look all that,but then they have a decent manager who plays a consistent system.

Status
Not open for further replies.