2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs legs around him as he's a liability out of possession, half a yard slow in closing down and lacks aggression.
Or just a '6' which'll give him licence to move between the lines a little more.
That said, he's immensely dashing, and undoubtedly possesses some mercurial magic in his boots.

If we can get a decent deal for him get in early doors - not the complete package but he has obvious qualities and I'd back him to step it up a level next season

He literally ran our team for 18 games, everything went through him. Yes he’s had a poor run but Jesus he’s absolutely a top top footballer

Not to be a party pooper but we lost and were dreadful in most of those games. He's still clearly our best midfielder though and he's got fantastic hair so its all good

I’m clearly in the minority but I thought he was really poor yesterday.
He always looks best to me when he is interacting with Bernard and Digne, it strikes me that with better quality around him he will truly shine, we are just a bit too poo for him atm

I think yesterday he wasn't great, in fact defensively we looked more cohesive once Schneiderlin replaced him.

As I remember another poster mentioning, against teams when we are more likely to dominate possession, Gomes is very good, against "top six" teams, Shneids might be the better option.

He had a poor 1st half yesterday - as did the team in general. It was noticeable that he was ponderous and late in the tackle but again we were second to every ball in the first half. I thought he got a lot better as the game went on and right up until he went off. I think, if he stays, he’ll hopefully be better with the pace of the league next year. There was one moment in the second half around the halfway line and over near the dugouts when he retained the ball agaisnt all sorts of pressure.

I think we need to bring this beautiful man in on a permanent deal.

I can't quite make my mind up about him. He's a lovely footballer, really good at moving the ball around, good upper body strength etc, but some times he just looks lost out there, as if the games just too quick for him. For the right price he's definitely worth having, but i'm not sure i'd be making him a priority.

Up until the Anfield derby, the lad was practically walking on water. Some of the most delectable midfield play I'd seen at Everton in years.

Since then, he's dipped badly and is now playing in fits and starts

In a way, I'm glad this has happened - the same thing pretty much happened to him at Barca. At least we now have an idea about what the potential upsides and downsides are with him if we decide to make his move permanent.

Personally, I don't know. On his day, he's the best midfielder we've had since Arteta. But even then his output as far as key passes etc etc isn't particularly impressive. If we sign him it has to be for a fee which makes it a no-brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.