2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes 22 Dave, he needs about another 5-10kg of muscle and he will be a beast. I'd love if we could play a 2nd striker along him. He's gonna give centrehalves nightmares.
It's his intelligence on the ball and off it that marks him out as another James Vaughan type.

.....the first sentence is right, but it’s not just about running around. Tosun runs around a lot. I know you don’t see it, but it takes real physicality to mix it with top CBs in this league. As they highlighted on TV, Luiz couldn’t compete with him for the first goal. There was a moment in the 2nd half on the halfway line when he killed a ball perfectly on his chest and laid it off. That was a ‘that’ll do moment for me”.

Half way line - says it all.

It's his intelligence on the ball and off it that marks him out as another James Vaughan type.
It's hard to show football intelligence when it's mostly 70 yard balls from Pickford you're being asked to control.

He's was very very good at his under age level. When his body catches up to playing against 25 and 26 year old defenders he'll be fine. He's not Messi but I can see a Drogba type strength player there.

It'd be short sighted to get rid imho.

Vaughan scored less than 10 goals in six or seven years with us.
Calvert-Lewin has scored 17 in less than three years, and has the added bonus of not being made from glass.

It's hard to show football intelligence when it's mostly 70 yard balls from Pickford you're being asked to control.

He's was very very good at his under age level. When his body catches up to playing against 25 and 26 year old defenders he'll be fine. He's not Messi but I can see a Drogba type strength player there.

It'd be short sighted to get rid imho.
He's pretty ropey in all honesty. I understand people like hard workers, but that is pretty much all he has. Gets the odd goal but nowhere near the intelligence required for a top PL forward.

He's pretty ropey in all honesty. I understand people like hard workers, but that is pretty much all he has. Gets the odd goal but nowhere near the intelligence required for a top PL forward.
There's enough basic elements in his game to work with, it should be where Ferguson earns his salary. But he needs someone closer than 25 yards to him every match. Presumably Brands will address our lack of a quality number 9 but DCL shouldn't be binned.

There's enough basic elements in his game to work with, it should be where Ferguson earns his salary. But he needs someone closer than 25 yards to him every match. Presumably Brands will address our lack of a quality number 9 but DCL shouldn't be binned.
Silva wont play with two strikers. He'll play 433.

Vaughan 47 games and 7 goals

DCL 71 games 11 goals.........

Spot on regarding his record Dave looking like a poor goal return and I've been a big critic of his because I want my strikers to "want" to score goals but I'll tell you what I've seen the past few games mate, a player who has been told by the manager "go on I'll give you a run of games as the front man and you show me what you have" and I've seen the players start to trust him a little more that he is capable of running the channels, hold the ball up and bring others into play and also to try and hit that box and look for a goal

Cardiff 3-0 scored
Rs 0-0
Newcastle 2-3 scored
Chelsea 2-0

4 games as first choice and he's scored 2 and that ain't to be sniffed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.