Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....Gueye was terrific. DCL will soon realise that CBs are scared of his physicality, he’s improving with games and is a powerhouse in the air. He created the first goal. Richarlison gets on the end of things, it’s natural and 12 league goals is already a fine return for a winger.

Gueye MoM.
He had Luiz absolutely fuming at the end. Really needs to start throwing himself at them more but it's a start.

Gave it to Pickford after, dare I say it, a mature and confident performance with some good saves and much better command of the box. But a few others ran him close. DCL is just a little bit of composure away from being the real deal and he cannot be criticised for effort.

Bernard ran his socks off and never shirked a challenge. Richarlison was always involved and mixed up a lot of skill with a bit of controlled needle, which I love to see. Gueye did a good job and Schneiderlin also did what he was brought on to do.

Overall, a much better performance but it means nothing if we don't continue to build on this good result and performance.

Special comment for the crowd who were quite right to express their frustration in the first half but responded magnificently to the efforts of the team in the second.

He had Luiz absolutely fuming at the end. Really needs to start throwing himself at them more but it's a start.

.....Luiz was scared of competing with him for the first goal. I guarantee, its that aerial power that will ultimately make him a stand out. Can’t believe the lazy ‘send him to the Championship on loan’ comments.

Mention for Mina, he needs games to settle into the league. With his inclusion we look a threat at corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.