Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason Moyes did any good was because he was fortunate enough to have Tony Hibbert in his team. See how he failed at United, Real, Sunderland and West Ham. The reason? No Tony Hibbert. I don't understand how people aren't seeing this. The real letter you should be writing is the one to Tony Hibbert, grovelling for his forgiveness and begging him to return.

There’s been a clear drop in UK fish numbers too since he’s retired. This is all connected. It started and ended with Hibbo.

The only reason Moyes did any good was because he was fortunate enough to have Tony Hibbert in his team. See how he failed at United, Real, Sunderland and West Ham. The reason? No Tony Hibbert. I don't understand how people aren't seeing this. The real letter you should be writing is the one to Tony Hibbert, grovelling for his forgiveness and begging him to return.
Tony Hibbert - The myth, the legend!

you wear some awful cardies your tactics are a bore
bottling every big game yet some folks want some more
you'll take of a centre forward when we need to score
bring on another defender happy just to draw
thanks but no thanks Moyesy
& dont forget to shut that door

Oh god yes. Happy with a draw on countless occasions when you are screaming for them to go for it. I don't miss that at all.

Shudder....

Im not sure about this, but if he left us for a Villa, Newcastle or a West ham level club they would of done much better then they have, possibly avoided a drop.
United is as big as it gets and was always going to be too big.

Big question is what would we have done with him.

Exactly the same as what we did under him. He has a level that he will never get beyond due to his nature.

Exactly the same as what we did under him. He has a level that he will never get beyond due to his nature.
Perhaps true. What puzzles me is why a team of that ilk doesn’t go for him? They all bring in foreign duds (bar the odd gem here and there of course). The way he has become toxic is quite remarkable.

You have to imagine he would have done at least as good this season as Pel at West Ham, for example, as he did a very solid job there.

Perhaps true. What puzzles me is why a team of that ilk doesn’t go for him? They all bring in foreign duds (bar the odd gem here and there of course). The way he has become toxic is quite remarkable.

You have to imagine he would have done at least as good this season as Pel at West Ham, for example, as he did a very solid job there.

Its tough because managers simply don't get the time to build a team these days. Moyes had his ups and downs at first for us and with a bit of time built a solid enough side. As soon as there is a down these days the manager is gone because the risk of losing all that premier league money is too much for some owners.

Its tough because managers simply don't get the time to build a team these days. Moyes had his ups and downs at first for us and with a bit of time built a solid enough side. As soon as there is a down these days the manager is gone because the risk of losing all that premier league money is too much for some owners.
Haha - could this be because most owners have no sustainable business plan? Perish the thought...

Can probably be summarised by we lost games under Moyes because our players weren’t as good as the top ones. We’ve lost a lot more games since because our players are now even worse. I think people just believed there was a magic manager round the corner waiting to propel the likes of Osman Neville and Howard to challenge for CL places consistently, win trophies and win big games away from home. Those things only happen when you combine a top manager with top players (as Liverpool and Spurs have started doing). We replaced Moyes with a succession of mid table managers and they’ve bought poor players. I respect Moyes because he got the most out of the limited funds he had which can’t be said for his successors. What people wanted him to do though was just unrealistic given that he had a board selling his best players and the ones he kept were crocked by a freak injury season where we picked up 4 ACLs.

Imagine in a different world we had kept the 07-09 team intact. None of them had snapped their ACLs. Moyes was given Moshiri’s millions at exactly the same time that Barkley and Stones came through. I doubt he would have messed it up quite has badly as Martinez and Koeman did. We certainly would not have seen some of the clowns we have done in blue over the last few seasons, we wouldn’t have had players on tv criticising the manager, we wouldn’t have had players leaving training, grabbing penalties off each other, we wouldn’t have even worried about relegation at any point, we’d never have spent 45 mill on the Icelandic David Dunn, we wouldn’t have hired that slug Allardyce and we may wel have looked at a few seasons of European qualification and increased revenues.

He’s an absolute league above Martinez Koeman and Allardyce. It’s not even a comparison.
Top comment, albeit I didn't mind David Dunn

Don't get the hate for Moyes from some.
Did a great job on a pittance to spend on players.
Fast forward to nowadays , spunking best part of £300 million to get us to a much worse position.
You couldn't make it up. Some seem to want to airbrush history.

Don't get the hate for Moyes from some.
Did a great job on a pittance to spend on players.
Fast forward to nowadays , spunking best part of £300 million to get us to a much worse position.
You couldn't make it up. Some seem to want to airbrush history.
Too many people player Football Manager, and think that buying and selling is the be all and end all. They also overemphasize the importance of tactics, while it is the quality of the players and the team ethic that make the bigger difference.

In my opinion, of course.

Was waiting for the first person to come up with this. He got 10 months and inherited one of the worst United Squads.

He still had over a 50% win percentage - fourth highest of any Utd manager in history. Amazing things facts.
How on earth did that lot win the league by 11 points then. Regardless of age they won the league in a canter so they should have put up a better fight than collecting unwanted records along the way and worst position in 20 odd years. FFS even we finished above them. Sorry no excuses
I think he certainly underachieved at Man U, and how much of that is down to the quality of the squad/his management style/getting the players offside is up for debate. However neither of the managers who followed him did much better until a couple of seasons ago after throwing 100s of millions at the squad. He deserved more time imo. Certainly he could have done as well as Van Gaal did, if not Mourinho in his one good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.