• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just round in circles.

Martinez 5th first season.
Koeman 7th first season
Both were sacked after 2nd/3rd season collapse.
Moyes wasnt...he was given tim.

Do you think Silva will or should get the same amount of time before being bulleted ?

And this silent associate, Tim, was the reason behind Davids semi successful reign. Tim was the unsung hero, the invisible puppet master, the man with the plan. Poor Tim, he got no credit. Look out for the upcoming BBC documentary "Tim, the man behind the manager".

When did I say results are not a priority?

The plain and simple statistical truth is this: it's perfectly possible for the worse manager to have a better points return over a short timeframe (say, around a season). There are many reasons for it. That's why sensible people don't judge it purely on points returned in about 25 games.

There are loads of examples of this: take recent Man City managers. You'd have sacked Pellegrini after four defeats before November for not having as many points as Mancini (Pellegrini went on to win the league). And you'd have sacked Guardiola for not having as many points as Pellegrini in his first season! Clearly both would have been bad decisions.

And I love this idea that Allardyce was storming it with all his points, wins and clean sheets. Certainly not how I remember the fans feeling at the time!

Silva does not have such credential. He never shows it unlike Pep Guardiola.

I'd put Koeman in the 2nd bucket, a safe and solid option. Was never going to do anything special. For me it was a complete waste of time as the limits were obvious before he started.

Your 4th bucket for crap ones is where Koeman ended up......and where quite possibly Silva will end up, but we will see.

At some point one of those managers from the 3rd bucket is going to need patience when things are not going well. I hope you'll find the ability to grant them it.

I actually do not disagree you on this but to believe someone will come good is only based on blind faith, and n particular he has no past records and credential to show he has the ability.

I actually do not disagree you on this but to believe someone will come good is only based on blind faith, and n particular he has no past records and credential to show he has the ability.

cant disagree. some of us see some signs in him, but im sure others are just hoping he comes good.

so what would be your choice in the other thread i started? sack each season until we get the right boss?

And this silent associate, Tim, was the reason behind Davids semi successful reign. Tim was the unsung hero, the invisible puppet master, the man with the plan. Poor Tim, he got no credit. Look out for the upcoming BBC documentary "Tim, the man behind the manager".

ladies and gentlemen....our new manager to lead us through the All The Moneys in The Stadium Plan years......TIM.

My main issue is that I didn’t want Marco Silva in the first place. Didn’t see the fuss and still don’t.

So in that way I was already a bit negative towards him.

But I wanted to give him a chance. And I’ve tried.

But what has he actually done to deserve more time than he’s had?

My main issue is that I didn’t want Marco Silva in the first place. Didn’t see the fuss and still don’t.

Appointing a manager on the back of taking his previous team into an alarming slump in form is never a good idea.

I also didnt want him, hes done nuthin in his whole career, but as I said yesterday im still 50/50 on whether we should sack him.

He plays football in the right way and im clinging onto the hope that Brands can fix the squad a little in the summer, maybe get the players able to play a proper 433, I dunno.

8 games left, I will see how they go before making my mind up, but if the season ended tomorrow I would want him punted.

But within those 8 games he has a chance to get some proper results, if he can get 1 or 2 then it would give me something to cling to.

I also didnt want him, hes done nuthin in his whole career, but as I said yesterday im still 50/50 on whether we should sack him.

He plays football in the right way and im clinging onto the hope that Brands can fix the squad a little in the summer, maybe get the players able to play a proper 433, I dunno.

8 games left, I will see how they go before making my mind up, but if the season ended tomorrow I would want him punted.

But within those 8 games he has a chance to get some proper results, if he can get 1 or 2 then it would give me something to cling to.

Oh don’t get me wrong. If we somehow turn up in he the next 8 games the I’m very VERY easily swayed.

I don’t think he’d be sacked if we lost on Sunday. Maybe I can give him to the end of the season. Maybe.

He was right to sign Richarlison

There should have been enough for both him and a striker, and there would have been if he wasn't saddled with the Walsh signings
I would be interested to know who was behind the push to buy Mina. It took a lot of time and money to get him here, and yet the manager has never seemed to be in any great rush to integrate him into the team.

I don't think he's been on the pitch enough to make a firm judgement on his ability, but for me, that's the deal which could have been put to one side in order to strengthen elsewhere.

cant disagree. some of us see some signs in him, but im sure others are just hoping he comes good.

so what would be your choice in the other thread i started? sack each season until we get the right boss?

It depends. As I said, if Silva is sacked and Brands should take charge of the new appointment. Is Silva the choice of Brands? If he is, the board may endure the failure this season.

You'd never have found out because he'd have been sacked!

So this applies to Martinez, Koeman and BFS. There is a history, past records and credential to show the possibility of him turning this around which is not very likely as it stands.

Oh don’t get me wrong. If we somehow turn up in he the next 8 games the I’m very VERY easily swayed.

I don’t think he’d be sacked if we lost on Sunday. Maybe I can give him to the end of the season. Maybe.

We have 4 pretty big games to come, now granted the season is over and they mean nothing in the grand scheme, but lets say he wins all 4!!! He wont of course, but if he wins 1 or 2, it would maybe give us something at least.

Or course no matter what he does from this point on some people only have "MILLWALL, WATFORD, HULL" in their heads so hes never gonna get some people back, but then I just think, what do we actually have to lose by giving him the first few months of next season? Its not like we have some sort of progress to keep hold off, we have done utterly zip for the last 30 years, what does another season matter? Yano.

If he beat two of the United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs I would be on his side, That would sway me to give him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.