• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d go as far as saying silva needs two wins from Chelsea arsenal and united ,I’d like to get odds for that,what a mess off a season one step forward eight back constantly,we seem a club bereft of any hope

They’re all that matter. You think every manager wouldn’t take winning 1-0 over getting beat 3-2, on the off chance you may win 4-3?

I can't tell if you are being intentionally disingenuous or not.

Of course a manager would 'take' a win in every game. But 'taking' a result is not really how sport works, is it?

He got 6th at Soton.

There is the fourth bucket - a crap one.

I'd put Koeman in the 2nd bucket, a safe and solid option. Was never going to do anything special. For me it was a complete waste of time as the limits were obvious before he started.

Your 4th bucket for crap ones is where Koeman ended up......and where quite possibly Silva will end up, but we will see.

At some point one of those managers from the 3rd bucket is going to need patience when things are not going well. I hope you'll find the ability to grant them it.

That’s just a waste of another season. We know, not just from his time here, but his time at Watford and Hull, that Silva cannot turn around a bad run of form. His weak tactics get found out.

It’s time for him to go. There is no case to be made for him to remain.

There is a case... unless your thick he’s not even had a season he’s had one transfer window. Give him time!

Expensive. Unstable. Horrible reputation to have when attempting to find the "right" manager. Just a few of the risks attached to that approach.

I just don't see too much thought put into what next by many of the posters shouting sack every day. Like actual detailed thought taking into consideration where we are at right now. Not yourself like, but lots of others.

It doesn't mean having to be a CEO as some poster said or be an expert in that area, just a realistic idea what our next steps would be after sacking Silva considering where we want to be. An overall joined up approach to it.

Some shout Sack sack every day looking for attention. Some because they just dont have much to say other than negativity. However there's obviously a majority that want him out, and understandably so, but must have some idea of the overall plan they want us following.

The ones who bang on about him being sacked everyday do my head in too. They even do it when we win. Just enjoy it ffs!

And while I do agree with your first paragraph about it being expensive and unstable sacking managers all the time, none of that means we should keep a poor one.

I really really want to give every manager a chance. But when I have no faith in there current one how can I?

That’s why you deserve 11th-15th place because according to you results are not priority. I don’t prefer Silva because as things stand he got less points, won less, conceded more goals with a better squad. It’s not hard to figure out.

Unless he turns this around which you all have been saying this since the derby defeat in early December.

When did I say results are not a priority?

The plain and simple statistical truth is this: it's perfectly possible for the worse manager to have a better points return over a short timeframe (say, around a season). There are many reasons for it. That's why sensible people don't judge it purely on points returned in about 25 games.

There are loads of examples of this: take recent Man City managers. You'd have sacked Pellegrini after four defeats before November for not having as many points as Mancini (Pellegrini went on to win the league). And you'd have sacked Guardiola for not having as many points as Pellegrini in his first season! Clearly both would have been bad decisions.

And I love this idea that Allardyce was storming it with all his points, wins and clean sheets. Certainly not how I remember the fans feeling at the time!

The ones who bang on about him being sacked everyday do my head in too. They even do it when we win. Just enjoy it ffs!

And while I do agree with your first paragraph about it being expensive and unstable sacking managers all the time, none of that means we should keep a poor one.

I really really want to give every manager a chance. But when I have no faith in there current one how can I?

I find it helps when you hate most of our players and think back on how unstable we have been for the last few years. I look at the squad and think how little balance there is and how crap the backup is for out of form players. I think of all that and pity any manager that has to sort it all out and have us moving in the right direction. A tough task for most managers and adds some context to how utter crap we have been for most of the season.

Whether it's Silva or the next prospect from somewhere in Europe next season, they will need some patience again. Especially if the summer window is the frustrating grind I'm expecting.

Of course he could do himself some big favours and win a couple of these remaining home games. Whatever they say about long term planning it is hard to get the crowd behind a work in progress if we don't have at least something to point to from this season to say there is hope of more.

I'd much prefer if even a modest but sustained improvement was there, but I don't see it. I fully agree that another managerial casualty creates more headache and leaves the club looking stupid, but that has to be balanced against gambling on an upturn next season, and then having this debate again a few weeks or months after August, if we don't get it, having spent more money on players.

Certainly it would represent sheer folly to sack him as a purely reactionary measure with no replacement lined up. But I find it hard to accept that Silva, who has targeted last November, and remained the No.1 if only target, also has full buy-in from Brands now, or ever.

It just seems how long is a piece of string for Silva? Everyone wants stability but not everyone wants stability quite like this. It cannot be that we are restricted in acting simply because we "can't" sack him. Silva has to bring a lot more to the table than that, and he is not doing so.

If Brands' and others view was that Silva's appointment was an error, with the benefit of hindsight of course, then the responsible thing to do is to work now on a contingency plan, let him see out the season, and relieve him of his position once we have someone lined up.

If that isn't the view, then regardless of what is written here, it's on we go hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.