Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been down the road before of bringing past managers back with Howard Kendall's endless returns and they were hardly a roaring success were they?

But at least HK is a legend of this club who knew exactly what NSNO stood for and delivered major trophies as a player and manager here....unlike this bloke Moyes.

Last edited:
Leave him alone, he is only old enough to remember the Moyes era and not the humiliation that came before so, as with every other 20something on here see Moyes as stagnating Everton for a decade.
Seriously though, I've said before that I dont want us to go backwards by getting Moyes in again(it didn't work with kendall.....twice God rest his soul)
But IF the board did hire him again I'd not lose sleep.

Apologies. I'll vault this again in 10 years. That way, he can appreciate what Moyes did like we do.

Same way Mourinho's Chelsea won the league by 8 points and then finished 10th the next season. Player personalities.

Look at the quotes about Moyes from Ferdinand. They were put out by the fact that he came in and told them he could improve them (That was his job as manager). They took it all the wrong way and decided how could a guy coming from Everton possibly improve them? They got him sacked.

On to a loser from day one (as was anyone replacing Fergie).

Regardless he failed badly. He failed to win the players over. He failed to keep them near the top of the league despite being Champions. He created some of the worse stats at Old Trafford with 7 home defeats. It does not matter one jot what anyone says to try and defend his time at United the simple fact is he was horrendous and couldn't cut it. He needed to go in and massage a few egos and not rock the boat until he himself settled in but Moyesy likes to be known as a saviour and font of all knowledge......we let him, United didn't. He was not ready to up his game and no way United would have give him 11 seasons to build his own team. They expected success of winning the title or a cup minimum whereas Moyes claims top 7 finishes as success.

Regardless he failed badly. He failed to win the players over. He failed to keep them near the top of the league despite being Champions. He created some of the worse stats at Old Trafford with 7 home defeats. It does not matter one jot what anyone says to try and defend his time at United the simple fact is he was horrendous and couldn't cut it. He needed to go in and massage a few egos and not rock the boat until he himself settled in but Moyesy likes to be known as a saviour and font of all knowledge......we let him, United didn't. He was not ready to up his game and no way United would have give him 11 seasons to build his own team. They expected success of winning the title or a cup minimum whereas Moyes claims top 7 finishes as success.

Hang on a minute do you mean the manager at man united would be expected to do better than the manager of everton?

How on earth did that lot win the league by 11 points then. Regardless of age they won the league in a canter so they should have put up a better fight than collecting unwanted records along the way and worst position in 20 odd years. FFS even we finished above them. Sorry no excuses
It was black magic Ferguson winning the title with that last squad of his - if ever proof were needed that he knew how to motivate players.
Moyes was obv never cut out for managing at that level, but that was an especially cruel way to learn it - no one could have got a tune out of that rabble once Fergie stepped down.

It was black magic Ferguson winning the title with that last squad of his - if ever proof were needed that he knew how to motivate players.
Moyes was obv never cut out for managing at that level, but that was an especially cruel way to learn it - no one could have got a tune out of that rabble once Fergie stepped down.

With my point being that we knew it wasn't Fergies greatest squad but winning the league by 11 points you would have expected them not to finish in there lowest position since 89/90 and 22 points behind the leaders. He didn't justify what that team was capable of and that was still a top 4 finish comfortably

We played some good football under Moyes that often goes overlooked by many. When Baines, Pienaar and Arteta were on song it was a joy to watch at times. I watched some highlights from I think 07/08 (season Yakubu was putting them away) and we were beating teams comfortably whilst playing well. I just think when it come to the pushing on and winning a massive game like a cup final, we would always choke and Moyes tactics would rightly come into question.
Problem is we were competing against teams with more money and better players. Some things never change!

That year we got to the FA Cup final we were dreadfully unlucky with injuries. Even then we could have won it or went to extra time with a bit of luck after nicking the early goal. I wonder how it would have panned out if we nicked it after 70 mins, rather than after the first minute!

But top level football is often decided by the narrowest of margins. I mean, we were competing against peak Chelsea, who are one of the most effective, though perhaps but entertaining, teams I have ever seen.

didn't we only win 2 in 11 years with him in charge though?

both times it was when Liverpool were finishing outside the top 5, since moyes left Liverpool have been more or less title contenders so how is that even the same

eg, moyes 2 wins in 20 odd games against a mostly mediocre Liverpool team ( and many season we arguably had as good a team )

0 wins since he left against a VASTLY superior Liverpool team ( minus bobbys first season )
Liverpool are usually contenders. Let’s face it, the only time they aren’t is either due to boardroom wars, or when enough dodgy billionaires flood teams with cash to artificially inflate their teams’ positions.

Moyes looked down on us when he moved on to his ‘Big Chance’...and thereafter he was a complete and utter failure. Not even Celtic want him.
That’s just blatant nonsense. Why would he look down on us when he always talks highly of former teams such as Preston, Cambridge and Celtic. Hell, he doesn’t even slag off Sunderland or Man Utd.

How on earth did that lot win the league by 11 points then. Regardless of age they won the league in a canter so they should have put up a better fight than collecting unwanted records along the way and worst position in 20 odd years. FFS even we finished above them. Sorry no excuses
That Man Utd team reminds me of the current Real Madrid team.

Manager bolts as he sees writing on the wall, key players leave or are over the hill and clubs go on to have relatively bad seasons.

Liverpool are usually contenders. Let’s face it, the only time they aren’t is either due to boardroom wars, or when enough dodgy billionaires flood teams with cash to artificially inflate their teams’ positions.

not really, we finished above them a couple of times under moyes, he was up against them under arguably their worst period in premier league history

he also bottled derbies, remember one that big greek gypo getting sent off early on when it was 0-0 and we lost, gerrard getting sent off once I think early on and we lost

Status
Not open for further replies.