Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this may be in jest or it may not, I'm not entirely sure. However the point still stands that we played some good stuff under Moyes and he never got much credit for it, all the while we were pretty solid at the back. If he'd had the budget that managers since have had I suspect he'd have done a far better job given the chance. Someone can bold that statement and point to what he spent at United and still failed, but the whole environment there wasn't conducive to a successful rebuilding job.

I think he's a tit for the way he acted after his departure and Woodward was as much to blame for the way things turned out at United as Moyes was, but let's not re-write history because we're too bitter to accept that he was the best thing that's happened to the club for many years. It's a shame the managers since have dismantled the hard work and work ethic he instilled.
Spot on. At times just a couple of 'beyond our budget' signings would have have us winning stuff. That is all he needed, a few more quid!

I understand why some want rid of Silva but don't understand why anyone would want Moyes back.

Ok he did a good job here but has failed everywhere he's been since. He's yesterday man. The fact no-ones touched him with a barge pole since West Ham became the latest club to dump him nearly a year ago speaks volumes.

People go on about him needing more money when he was here but he had all the money in the world at United and still failed. A big NO to his return ever for me.

Well Im throwing big Joes name in,Evertonian,last manager to win a trophy,dogs of war,unfinished business

Finishing 7th when you've been spending less than the top 6 for years isn't failure either and it's a lot better than what our managers have been doing for the last few years.
Finished 8th last year and 7th the year before. So I’m not sure how finishing 7th is much better than that,

If Moyes had never been at Everton and was being suggested for the job now ...heads would truely be falling off.
The way he left and the fact football seems to have left him behind ....no chance !

Those who are sniping about Moyes need to look at where we were when he first came to the club. The 90s (barring the FA Cup win and the Kanchelskis season) was the decade where we got left behind. Going into the 90s we were arguably part of a big 4 - with Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal. During it we were regularly surpassed by teams like Blackburn, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Coventry, Derby and Leicester. We ended that decade not even in the big 10!

We have only had any sort of investment since Martinez - post Moyes. What Moyes did was take us past the clubs listed above with little or no investment. Only 3 times did he not finish top 7 at a time when Chelsea, Man City and Spurs (Villa were also still up there too) had added to the big 4 of the 80s all with more resource than Moyes.

The man worked wonders with some average players and turned around the careers of talented players who had lost their way.

He was a proper Manager. What I wouldn't give to have a proper manager now instead of the utter shambolic fraud we now have running things.

If Cardiff can somehow win 4 of their last 8 games; as it stands at the moment, we are getting relegated.

We never once had to worry about that under Moyes - even when we finished 17th we were always safe and that season the players downed tools for the last few games.

Would love to give Moyes a crack till the end of the season with the big teams we have left to play. I'm sure he'd engineer the one win we would need to be safe...

Oh lord, you should get an award
“We’re getting relegated”
Who writes this shizzle
Needs to be berated

Give him a crack
I’d love to to be fair
And not simply because
He’s got red hair

But because he bestowed upon us
The likes of Kevin Mirallas
We’re Everton
not Crystal Palace (sorry Alan whittle....that was a tad fickle)
I cannot forget those European aways
Staggering around leathered for multiple days
The ale drowned out the pain
At Benfica and Bucaresti
Lisbon and Liege
None were contested

He waved the white flag
And dampened our dream
Having a penchant for five right backs
All in the same team

So no thanks Gingerbullocks
Please don’t come back