Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear David,

Please can you come back and bottle all the crucial games, need to go through a Wigan cup game and LFC semi again.....

why oh why

its like when you have been fecked off by a girl and sitting there pissed alone thinking about the good old days BUT in reality the good old days were not so good as you split in the first place

not for me..... yes if we need to change but no go back to Moyes

Failed at United, failed in Spain, failed at Sunderland and did ok at WHU.....
No one's asking him to come back.
The other perspective to your analogy of course is that although the birds turned into a munter now, she was pretty hot at the time and you missed it because you were too busy eying up the bird next door.

OK I've had a look at Moyes last 5 seasons vs the seasons since, I've only had a quick look but the points tally against City, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is as follows;

08/09 - 12 Points
09/10 - 15 Points
10/11 - 19 Points
11/12 - 10 Points
12/13 - 15 Points

13/14 - 14 Points
14/15 - 7 Points
15/16 - 8 Points
16/17 - 10 Points
17/18 - 4 Points
18/19 - 2 Points

Seems to be a drop off in the post Moyes era when we've been playing the super football we all wanted. I appreciate some of those teams have strengthened significantly in that period but so have we in the last couple of seasons, which incidentally is when we've gained fewest points. There's all sorts of variables you could chuck into the mix to discredit Moyes, but the simple fact is his record more than stands up against anyone we've had since.
I remember distinctly that for some reason, the only games that mattered were away to the sky 4 (not top four because we beat City a few times). Where are those stats?

OK I've had a look at Moyes last 5 seasons vs the seasons since, I've only had a quick look but the points tally against City, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is as follows;

08/09 - 12 Points
09/10 - 15 Points
10/11 - 19 Points
11/12 - 10 Points
12/13 - 15 Points

13/14 - 14 Points
14/15 - 7 Points
15/16 - 8 Points
16/17 - 10 Points
17/18 - 4 Points
18/19 - 2 Points

Seems to be a drop off in the post Moyes era when we've been playing the super football we all wanted. I appreciated some of those teams have strengthened significantly in that period but so have we in the last couple of seasons, which incidentally is when we've gained fewest points. There's all sorts of variables you could chuck into the mix to discredit Moyes, but the simple fact is his reckon more than stands up against anyone we've had since.

Moyes is the most important Everton manager of the premier league era and arguably saved the club at its weakest moment in history. Whilst we were mortgaged to the hilt he had us in Europe, now we’re chucking cash around to just about stay out of relegation.

If people think that taking a perennially threatened relegation team from the botttom 4 or 5 to the top 4 or 5 on a spend that’s relatively small to his peers isn’t an achievement then I can’t help them. I hope they’ve enjoyed all the gun to a gun fight football we’ve had since he’s left including being pumped by Liverpool 4-0 twice, Chelsea 6-3 and 5-0, Spurs 6-2, Arsenal hit five past us twice in the same season, City haven’t even needed to get out of top gear to put us away every season limiting us to a premier league low level of possession. I. That period the Martinez win at Old Trafford remains the only away win at the top 6. Apparently we would be bathing in these results once Moyes left and awash with derby wins. Neither has happened. Instead European football, good recruitment, and possession based midfielders, have been replaced by relegation scrapes, scattergun buying, and some of the biggest cart horses in the clubs history playing hoofball for 90 minutes every week.

‘Knife to a gun fight tho lad’ ‘11 years not a single trophy lad’..fools. Utter utter morons.

08/09 - 12 Points
09/10 - 15 Points
10/11 - 19 Points
11/12 - 10 Points
12/13 - 15 Points

13/14 - 14 Points
14/15 - 7 Points
15/16 - 8 Points
16/17 - 10 Points
17/18 - 4 Points
18/19 - 2 Points

Seems to be a drop off in the post Moyes era when we've been playing the super football we all wanted. I appreciate some of those teams have strengthened significantly in that period but so have we in the last couple of seasons, which incidentally is when we've gained fewest points. There's all sorts of variables you could chuck into the mix to discredit Moyes, but the simple fact is his record more than stands up against anyone we've had since.

That may be so.............but it was still not good enough to have warranted not seeking to try someone else.

Going nowhere for 10 years? Did you witness Walter Smith?
Leave him alone, he is only old enough to remember the Moyes era and not the humiliation that came before so, as with every other 20something on here see Moyes as stagnating Everton for a decade.
Seriously though, I've said before that I dont want us to go backwards by getting Moyes in again(it didn't work with kendall.....twice God rest his soul)
But IF the board did hire him again I'd not lose sleep.

Dear David,

Please can you come back and bottle all the crucial games, need to go through a Wigan cup game and LFC semi again.....

why oh why

its like when you have been fecked off by a girl and sitting there pissed alone thinking about the good old days BUT in reality the good old days were not so good as you split in the first place

not for me..... yes if we need to change but no go back to Moyes

Failed at United, failed in Spain, failed at Sunderland and did ok at WHU.....

Failed at Utd along with LVG and ' the chosen one"

Failed at Sunderland, as has everyone else , a complete basket case of a club, watch the Netflix documentary.

Dont advocate his his 2nd coming, but he aint as bad as some make out.

Ive got total respect for Moyes, as many blues have, was glad he left when he did as it was stale under him. But only now do we start to realize how good an Everton manger he really was, always welcome back to Goodison is Moyes, just not on the staff

I mean this may be in jest or it may not, I'm not entirely sure. However the point still stands that we played some good stuff under Moyes and he never got much credit for it, all the while we were pretty solid at the back. If he'd had the budget that managers since have had I suspect he'd have done a far better job given the chance. Someone can bold that statement and point to what he spent at United and still failed, but the whole environment there wasn't conducive to a successful rebuilding job.

I think he's a tit for the way he acted after his departure and Woodward was as much to blame for the way things turned out at United as Moyes was, but let's not re-write history because we're too bitter to accept that he was the best thing that's happened to the club for many years. It's a shame the managers since have dismantled the hard work and work ethic he instilled.
Failed at Utd along with LVG and ' the chosen one"
Moyes was great for his first 7 seasons with us, and as above, until last season no-one actually did better than him at OT. Wouldn't want him back, and he should have left before he did, but he was still better overall than anyone else has turned out that we've had since.

He may have bottled games, but at least he got us to regular QF's / SF's to get excited about. Generally the last few seasons the season has been over by early January.

Under Moyes you could guarantee we'd pick up points at home to the "bigger" teams, they even said they hated coming to Goodison. It was rare we'd get turned over at home. Away from home I think he had a pretty good record of drawing games to the bigger teams (at the minute I'd take a draw away from home to the top 6 rather than regularly being pumped). Now it's a points give-away here there and everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.