• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Marco.

Bar the poor substitution of Mina for Richarlison when he should have put on Davies or Snides (shudder) at 2-1, he cannot be held responsible for Pickford's brain farts and terrible decision making and our continued weak mentality to crumble in the way we did.

Those 17 days off have shown that we have improved our defending of set pieces and are playing much more positively.

I also think he has improved Gueye in an attacking sense and he is also one of the reasons we have our three best players : Gomes, Bernard and Digne. Richarlison has 11 goals and is only 21 so will go though patches of poor games and Mnia we just do not know.

Yes, we have had some terrible results and the set pieces thing is something we have to improve but i go back to the way we have played against every top six side (apart from spurs when he got it terribly wrong) the players he had an influence in bringing in, his improvement of DCL, Gana and Keane you could argue are all positives.

He needs at least one more transfer window where we get him a striker amongst others and he needs time to bed in his philosophy. We have seen glimpses of class this season but our consistency is one major issue and mentality, of which we have zero.

This is all after the absolute mess Koeman and BFS left us in.

He needs until Christmas and then let's see where we are.

You see what you want to see. I'm saying that the DoF who is the only person who matters here on Silva, will see it a much different way and has said so already.
Not really though Dave, i get what your saying but sadly the person who matters is the carpetbagger. If he is not happy with Brands or Silva he will just get rid of both. He has already stated he thinks we should be performing better and he thought we should have won the derby. The only saving grace for Silva is that i doubt that he will get the boot just from the point of view that the carpetbagger will make himself look very very silly if he does.

I feel bad for Marco.

Bar the poor substitution of Mina for Richarlison when he should have put on Davies or Snides (shudder) at 2-1, he cannot be held responsible for Pickford's brain farts and terrible decision making and our continued weak mentality to crumble in the way we did.

Those 17 days off have shown that we have improved our defending of set pieces and are playing much more positively.

I also think he has improved Gueye in an attacking sense and he is also one of the reasons we have our three best players : Gomes, Bernard and Digne. Richarlison has 11 goals and is only 21 so will go though patches of poor games and Mnia we just do not know.

Yes, we have had some terrible results and the set pieces thing is something we have to improve but i go back to the way we have played against every top six side (apart from spurs when he got it terribly wrong) the players he had an influence in bringing in, his improvement of DCL, Gana and Keane you could argue are all positives.

He needs at least one more transfer window where we get him a striker amongst others and he needs time to bed in his philosophy. We have seen glimpses of class this season but our consistency is one major issue and mentality, of which we have zero.

This is all after the absolute mess Koeman and BFS left us in.

He needs until Christmas and then let's see where we are.

I don't know

If he is to get the boot then it's probably best to do it before the Christmas fixture list so that the new manager has time to get settled in for then, and also have a chat with Brands regards the winter window should they need to

They realistically need to be looking at October/November for the sacking date if a sacking is in the works (Hopefully it won't be and Marco will see off the detractors to prove his worth)

And ideally they should know who they want this time BEFORE they sack him and that they can definitely get them (I.e. no repeat of the Silva debacle when Koeman went)

Find someone, make sure they want the job and, if they are attached to another club at the time, that the club in question is either willing to release them or the manager in question is prepared to actually resign this time

Knowing us we'll probably sack Marco in February and not have his replacement in until after Easter, because Everton

This is key.

We have figuratively stepped out of the bunker and face a massive reconstruction programme. Top 10 for a couple of seasons and build a more determined younger team is the schedule. I see a lot of progress on that. It needs time and patience. Certain blow hard fans haven't got that, but the DoF has.
I was not overawed with the Silva signing, but the one area I was happy with was that he would improve the quality of football.
I was happy to see top 10 finishes as long as I could see visible improvement on the pitch.
Sadly I haven’t seen any real improvement if anything it could be deemed as a decline in standards,
The latest debacle shows how fragile the players are, and how inexperienced the manager is to deal with any downturns
My problem now is I am 4 years off 60 and my days of being patient have gone. I want progression each season and I want to be competitive in Cup games and challenging the top 6 at a shot of a CL place

I really don’t see progression under Silva, and sadly not sure if I am prepared to back another season under his tenure.....

Stop recruiting managers from ale house clubs and expecting top 6.

This bloke has a worse record than fat sam, Moyes, Koeman and Bobby the clown despite spending millions.

Get rid now, give a new bloke a handful of competitive games to get to know the squad before the summer.

This is the reality.

I now come to realise that his actual KEY duty is to withstand pressures inside and outside the boardroom to deflect away from his plan of action. That plan of action seems clear (even if he struggles to get it done...as per the loans not sales of players).

People say that Moshiri will be judged on a stadium being built. Well Brands will be judged by how robust he is at standing up to calls for convenient and quick changes to the coaching staff and ensuring there's some consistency and continuity - that has a lot to do with securing a coach who's carrying out his plans regarding team progression in the short-to-medium term.

That's how I'll judge him.

lets face it, brands and silva have performed worse than walsh and koeman and they both got the sack.

its time for Moshiri to do the right thing and fire both of these helmets, they are ruining our club

This is key.

We have figuratively stepped out of the bunker and face a massive reconstruction programme. Top 10 for a couple of seasons and build a more determined younger team is the schedule. I see a lot of progress on that. It needs time and patience. Certain blow hard fans haven't got that, but the DoF has.

Dave this is your true colours. You can endure 10th for a couple of seasons. Why would a crap team stay crap for a couple of seasons and it turns good all of a sudden? This makes zero sense.

I don't know

If he is to get the boot then it's probably best to do it before the Christmas fixture list so that the new manager has time to get settled in for then, and also have a chat with Brands regards the winter window should they need to

They realistically need to be looking at October/November for the sacking date if a sacking is in the works (Hopefully it won't be and Marco will see off the detractors to prove his worth)

And ideally they should know who they want this time BEFORE they sack him and that they can definitely get them (I.e. no repeat of the Silva debacle when Koeman went)

Find someone, make sure they want the job and, if they are attached to another club at the time, that the club in question is either willing to release them or the manager in question is prepared to actually resign this time

Knowing us we'll probably sack Marco in February and not have his replacement in until after Easter, because Everton

This is getting like the aftermath of Martinez’s second season. Then people will start to moan in the middle of next season.

Just get rid of him in May the latest and not to get an Ale House manager again. This is the best choice.

I said this in the Morgan thread but there's a lack of leadership on and off the pitch. We can keep blaming individual errors and refs and sure there are issues to be raised with all of these but we have to look at the manager as well and his tactical naivety and poor subs. He plays way too open and asks our defenders to play with the ball and defend too high up without a shield. Saturday was another example for me. The midfield make up of Gomes, Gana and Sig ahead of them has been proven not to provide cover for the back four, and Morgan as much as I'm not his biggest fan he is the most natural DM in the squad. He has the tactical discipline to shield that shaky back four(Gana presses away from that position too much he doesn't sit and doesn't do the ariel clearing up) and he did well in the last two games. I can understand not starting him against a team like Newcastle as Gomes brings more going forward but to not bring him on was a mistake and further illustrates Silva's tactical naivety for me. If we are losing he lashes on strikers if we need to hold on he lashes on defenders, but keeping the ball and shielding the back four is more important when you are under the cosh, adding another CB might be ok for the last ten minutes but with half an hour to go it merely brings the opposition onto you. We were in control on the first half that we didn't see it out isn't just down to individual error its down to a lack of leadership on and off the pitch. So two things that in my view won't change if we give him more time, his open style of play and his poor team selections and subs, he is another idealist like Martinez who won't compromise even if it costs him his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.