2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately his weaknesses out weigh his strengths. I feel i have seen enough to say we would be better with someone else, a consistent gk who conmands his box would improve us loads.

We have a DoF who had seen Everton before arriving here and certainly watched the first half of the season calamities from Pickford.

Brands also needs to take responsibility for not recognising Pickford needed an able deputy to come in and give him something to think about and fill that void up between his ears.

That was then, this is now though. Now we need Pickford sold and another first team keeper.

No ifs or buts. It's happened too many times to be a coincidence. He\'s appalling and he will never ever learn because he's a man-child Gazza type.

his down turn in form has coincided with Silva coming...

his coaching is obv not of a good enough standard...

replace the manager and coachs and we get the 30m keeper we signed back

Kid got skills and talent...needs some discipline and man-management..
His current state shows abysmal management...and he is not the only one...

Again I don't equate pickford doing his job as 'earning us points' every time he makes a routine stop he hasn't earned us points anymore than a defender making a tackle or a midfielder making a pass. He had a solid game, no more no less

The save from Salah was not routine! lol Comparing any pass or any tackle with that save suggests you have a very keen understanding of the important moments in a match.

The save from Salah was not routine! lol

It was a good save. But it's his job.

He has made the most mistakes for a goalkeeper directly leading to chances.

He has made the most errors directly leading to goals by any goalkeeper this season.

His bad days have been so often this year. He's a shambolic goalkeeper who has wrecked our season through his stupidity/arrogance. Call it what you like.

The save from Salah was not routine! lol Comparing any pass or any tackle with that save suggests you have a very keen understanding of the important moments in a match.
Also it would only be revisionism if I lauded his display as something more than routine.

That save was decent but had he not made it I would be disappointed, and besides that still doesn't equate to pickford earning points as you clock up the total as if he is the sole factor. If a defender makes a key tackle, a striker scores a goal and a keeper makes a key save do you split the three points between them? So your accumulation of the supposed points I'm demanding from a keeper is z false argument. All I really want is someone the defence can trust to command his box and not reduce the team to a nervous mess

Status
Not open for further replies.