Old Everton Pictures

That awful semi final - I was there missed the goal fortunately but two EFC greats on this photo -
View attachment 55429
I got there at HT after the clutch went on my Dads car on the way.
I then stood in a river of piss in the Holte end. The only way I could see was to climb on a gate bolt and I smashed my head open on the upper bolt. Blood everywhere.
And to cap it all we lost in the last minute.
Doesn’t get much worse than that day

I got there at HT after the clutch went on my Dads car on the way.
I then stood in a river of piss in the Holte end. The only way I could see was to climb on a gate bolt and I smashed my head open on the upper bolt. Blood everywhere.
And to cap it all we lost in the last minute.
Doesn’t get much worse than that day
It was a bad day stuck on a coach in traffic got the 12 minutes late the blues fans had kicked the away doors in at the holt end we dived in in error got squared to bits hardly seen the blasted game...

Thanks. Like you I was there and, in those years was seeing virtually every game home and away. I gave up my season ticket in the late 70s after I "emigrated". I attended Quarry Bank, a year above Big Joe and followed his playing career from start to finish. Between 1963 and the early 80s I had comprehensive scrap books but ,during a number of downsizing house moves had to "lose" many of them, retaining only Cup and Championship seasons. These formed the basis of my new collection on which I have built trawling the internet and my visits to the library.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
My son used his magic to come up with this -