2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont Think either was our best anything, but they both had potential and an english passport, raising their price tag by leaps and bounds. Decent on their day, but I was personally dancing in the streets when we sold Stones. Everyone seems to forget how our own fans booed him because of taking dumb chances, too often ending with us leaking goals. Barkley had one good season for us, maybe two. Had he not been a local lad, yous wouldnt think of him with blue rimmed glasses on and would understand just how overhyped he was and still is by some in here.
Really find it odd that people have totally forgotten how we felt about these players before they left!

Stones was our best defender.

Barkley was our best midfielder.

You can't say that about DCL, Davies, Kenny.

Barkley did improve under Koeman after stagnating and Stones became an England international under Martinez. They did improve.

Chelsea were willing to pay 35 million for Barkley.

If we were to sell the 3 of DCL, Kenny and Davies now you wouldn't get 35 million for all 3 together.

These players are simply not the same quality as the group before them.

Not one of them at the moment has made themselves un-drop-able.

They're not good enough to build a team around like Moshiri wants. Good enough to be a part of the squad but not currently good enough to start for what we want to achieve.

That's not being negative, that's the reality of the situation. Some people want to believe that these players are better than they are and are upset that others don't see these players with the same rose-tintes glasses they're wearing.

Good post, I'm a poster who defends our young lads and I do think DCL, Davies and JJK will be Premiership players for there careers but I agree, they're not on the Barkley or Stones level at the same age. Barkley will forever be an enigma, he has all the technical ability in the world but he just can't put it all together on a regular basis. Another one I'd thought was going to be Elite level but didn't reach the heights.

Can't remember him having a good game against any of the top 6 so he'll need to kick that habit if he plays.

....I think it was the recent home game against City where I thought he played quite well. He put the CBs under lots of pressure, won most aerial battles but nobody gambled to get on the end of flick-ons.

Surely he has to play today against the physicality in their central defence.

Really find it odd that people have totally forgotten how we felt about these players before they left!
Im not british. When youre not cought up in the local lad-hype, Barkley doesnt looks like a world beater and never did. You probably felt different, but you’d be wrong to do so. Mediocre player.

Good post, I'm a poster who defends our young lads and I do think DCL, Davies and JJK will be Premiership players for there careers but I agree, they're not on the Barkley or Stones level at the same age. Barkley will forever be an enigma, he has all the technical ability in the world but he just can't put it all together on a regular basis. Another one I'd thought was going to be Elite level but didn't reach the heights.

Barkley was an exceptional 17-19 year old player, really had the skills that you can’t coach. Normally that means you can caich him the bits that most players can pick up but sadly this wasn’t the case.

Barkley was an exceptional 17-19 year old player, really had the skills that you can’t coach. Normally that means you can caich him the bits that most players can pick up but sadly this wasn’t the case.
I thought he had a badly broken leg when he was 17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.