Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Liverpool's attacks.

They have a distinctive pattern: wing back play, ball over the top of defences and narrow set up.

I think we will set up in a 5-2-2-1 with wingbacks counterbalancing Robinson and Arnold. This is crucial because they create 80% of attacks this season.

We need to be aware of the ball over the top which has been they're ideal fast forward ball cutting out the midfield and using the pace of their front 3 so using Jagelka as a sweeper role could be interesting as he reads the play well add Keane and Zouma who have a good understanding.

Midfield battle used to be huge but I think legs and engine in closing down and pressing the space. I think Gueye, Schneiderlin, Bernard and Sigurdsson would plug up the midfield, create, support attacks and importantly move into space in wide areas saving the energy of the solo forward.

Upfront we need height, pace and movement so DCL will move about and hold up play to bring in our wingbacks and midfield forward.

If you look at Liverpool's attacks.

They have a distinctive pattern: wing back play, ball over the top of defences and narrow set up.

I think we will set up in a 5-2-2-1 with wingbacks counterbalancing Robinson and Arnold. This is crucial because they create 80% of attacks this season.

We need to be aware of the ball over the top which has been they're ideal fast forward ball cutting out the midfield and using the pace of their front 3 so using Jagelka as a sweeper role could be interesting as he reads the play well add Keane and Zouma who have a good understanding.

Midfield battle used to be huge but I think legs and engine in closing down and pressing the space. I think Gueye, Schneiderlin, Bernard and Sigurdsson would plug up the midfield, create, support attacks and importantly move into space in wide areas saving the energy of the solo forward.

Upfront we need height, pace and movement so DCL will move about and hold up play to bring in our wingbacks and midfield forward.

Keane is the worst defender at long balls over the defence.

After playing them off the park and Pickford gifting them a winner/Sadio Mane 90th minute spawny post goal, I don't think they can beat us in a way that will hurt anymore.

That’s what I’m thinking. We’ve suffered absolute bummings recently too so that’s been done. Genuinely not looking forward to the Goodisonstanbul defeat when it happens though.

We needed to dig in and hold firm - unfortunately we can't go gung-ho - nick one or 0-0 i'd be happy - 1-9-1 formation

Just don't get beat.

Last edited:

I reckon Pickford,Keane,jags and Zouma will be a three at the back,Digne,Coleman,gueye,schneiderlin,siguurdsonn,Walcott and Calvert-Lewin will start for us,we’ll try and keep it tight and if we are level or even one down with twenty/twenty five to go we will see Bernard/lookman to try and snatch it.

I'm not bitter at all, but I would like us to win in the 101st minute of 3 minutes added time, where they put the ball out of play for a injury and we shoot from the throw in and score. I also want the injured player to be Mo Salah and the tackle to be a definite foul and free kick not given. When we shoot from the throw in, I want an Everton player to be holding Alison down on the line, in an offside position and I also want the throw to be a foul throw.

I don't ask for much

Anyone else with me

fast forward to 1.15 _ Graham Poll the *** wobble

I would be happy with us just taking the lead in this game, seeing as we haven't led in a derby since November 2013!! That's 11 games now

it would be worth the wait. Cause as much as they go on about beating us all the time. This derby win would stick out in history. every time a review of the season. Where did it all go wrong? That faithful day at Goodison Park. It will be in the collective consciousness of fans everywhere and when they think of the derby for next few years the one that derailed the title charge will be the one remembered.

So id go with 3 at the back

Pickford
Mina
Zouma
Jageilka
Coleman
Deane
Snides
Gana
Gomes
Lookman
Bernard
Iceland

No striker, they are all crud and the way we create chances is getting the byline and cutting back for sigs running in. Hopefully the other two centre mids can do the same.

I can't wait to have the World Cup in our trophy cabinet
first for everything us like.

I reckon we go for the 5-0-5 formation.
They won’t have a clue how to defend against it, and they don’t use their midfield anyway so no point us having players there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.