Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly right and i think if we look at the signings in the summer;

2 loans
1 free
1 top goalscorer (21 years old)
1 class left back
1 centre back who has been injured

I think theres a lot to be optimistic about when comparing with the existing mid table bunch of players. I think weve used this season for the manager to see who he wants to keep and for Brands to be prepared for a huge summer of Harry Redknapp level ins/outs.
What happens if he’s 21 when we approach him, but 22 when he goes to sign on the dotted line????

Thats exactly right and i think if we look at the signings in the summer;

2 loans
1 free
1 top goalscorer (21 years old)
1 class left back
1 centre back who has been injured

I think theres a lot to be optimistic about when comparing with the existing mid table bunch of players. I think weve used this season for the manager to see who he wants to keep and for Brands to be prepared for a huge summer of Harry Redknapp level ins/outs.
ZAT !!!
Lets get through this flea bitten , hell fest of a season first mate.......christ sake.

Closer to the relegation zone, than the top six.That just isn't acceptable, irrespective of how much stability we apparently need.

I think you just need to look at the right side of Coleman and Walcott to see why...massive weak spot.

Then the centre which is totally unbalanced...

Tosun at CF.

Not sure how we did so well at the start of the season tbh

I think you just need to look at the right side of Coleman and Walcott to see why...massive weak spot.

Then the centre which is totally unbalanced...

Tosun at CF.

Not sure how we did so well at the start of the season tbh

A good manager will get the best of his squad.

Every manager comes in then people moan about how crap the squad is. It’s a marry go around.

This is how I've got us finishing, too close for comfort, however I would like to add that my score prediction history is awful to say the least so could go either way!

View attachment 54243

This is how I've got us finishing, too close for comfort, however I would like to add that my score prediction history is awful to say the least so could go either way!

You've actually given us a point more than when I did it. I had us 3 points clear of relegation. On the plus side, I had City top by 3 points, which would be the only positive to come out of the season if it happens

I’m firmly backing Silva.

Give him the summer, he’s a young manager dealing with a very different set of problems to what he’s ever worked in before.

He’s shown glimpses of quality, admittedly he’s shown errors. However the squad he’s working with we all know is limited in what you can do with so little quality in key areas.

For me, he’s got the summer to address some of the issues he’s been in the hot seat for a while. I have faith he can turn it around.

I do struggle with the idea a new manager just fixes this. If we did get a new manager in - they need time to review the team and ultimately may arrive at the same conclusions as Silva has made. We would in theory be taking longer to reach were we are now.

Last season, we identified the weak areas and improved. This close season we need to once again identify a striker, CM x 2, CB, RB & RW. If we get the players the results improve. Silva is in no mans land right now and he never put us there.

The right additions coming in will see us in better shape. People can argue the manager is at fault, but for me the issues have gone on longer than just this manager and changing the manager right now just delays the improvements we can take in the summer.

Seasons a right off, we need to improve set plays and hopefully we see Silva get a bit of fight back in the team.

My expectations for this season were low anticipating the job was nowhere near done and this summer is just the next naturally step both he and Brands can take to make us better.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to take patience, but it’s better than just scrapping everything and starting again without actually allowing someone the time and resources to implement the next steps.

Great article here...

Working with previous regimes, but the players he brought have worked ...

No point changing now for me...

Give him til Christmas to prove his worth!

I’m firmly backing Silva.

Give him the summer, he’s a young manager dealing with a very different set of problems to what he’s ever worked in before.

He’s shown glimpses of quality, admittedly he’s shown errors. However the squad he’s working with we all know is limited in what you can do with so little quality in key areas.

For me, he’s got the summer to address some of the issues he’s been in the hot seat for a while. I have faith he can turn it around.

I do struggle with the idea a new manager just fixes this. If we did get a new manager in - they need time to review the team and ultimately may arrive at the same conclusions as Silva has made. We would in theory be taking longer to reach were we are now.

Last season, we identified the weak areas and improved. This close season we need to once again identify a striker, CM x 2, CB, RB & RW. If we get the players the results improve. Silva is in no mans land right now and he never put us there.

The right additions coming in will see us in better shape. People can argue the manager is at fault, but for me the issues have gone on longer than just this manager and changing the manager right now just delays the improvements we can take in the summer.

Seasons a right off, we need to improve set plays and hopefully we see Silva get a bit of fight back in the team.

My expectations for this season were low anticipating the job was nowhere near done and this summer is just the next naturally step both he and Brands can take to make us better.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to take patience, but it’s better than just scrapping everything and starting again without actually allowing someone the time and resources to implement the next steps.
For the last few months you can see he carnt motivate theses players, the dressing rooms lost and there’s no going back, if there was a time in the season we should of cracked on it was after twhe Burnley game and we didn’t, the longer we leave it the worst position we’re going to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.