The case for Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
He either wins a good number of games before the end of the season or he will be sacked. And rightly so.

The rest of the narrative around this is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how good people think we did in tough away games which we lost. It doesn't matter who he recruited. It doesn't matter whether you think another sacking is futile. It doesn't matter whether you are worried at how others will perceive us if we change manager again.

The fact remains....

If we don't see a marked upturn in results before the middle of May then he deserves to go and will inevitably be sacked. If he gets the full season he will have no grounds for complaints either.

I think this is essentially it. Everyone will have a different point at which he goes from "this is below par but give him another season" to "this is unacceptable". Thats basically the line he's treading. I think if he loses the next 2 then he will have most of the fans in the second category.

The question I suppose is what points measure do we view as acceptable and what might Moshiri view as acceptable?

The two things are different will likely be different too. He might get to say, 45 points, but if he defeats Liverpool I wouldn't be surprised if he has more support from fans than if he gets to 50 but loses to them. In the eyes of the supporters that will be an enormous game.

We do need stability - but Silva hasn't shown anything to warrent being optimistic about the future of the club with him in charge.

Even before the derby we were fairly mediocre.

Still don't know what he's trying to do or what his philosophy is - and it's February. An almighty dud of a season.

If we don't massively improve from now till the end of the season he can koff IMHO

I'm not convinced by him either, but there is a big risk that in 12 months time we're having the same conversation after another 'bright young manager' has revamped the squad and not delivered progress. I think most fans when they look back to the Moyes era saw a club in dire need of investment to add some high quality cherries to the top of a pretty decent cake, but instead what we've got is an owner who stamps on the cake every season and rebuilds it with expensive ingredients that taste a bit [Poor language removed] when put together.

Yeah dave thinks we should have signed more players in the Winter window despite having a squad of 43 first team players earning roughly 150m a year to finish 11th.

Hes not very bright, thankfully Dave isnt in charge, Marcel the God is and he wont be wasting money on TOSH.

Honestly believe that Marcel looked at the situation in January and thought “koff to giving this clown anymore cash”

Honestly believe that Marcel looked at the situation in January and thought “koff to giving this clown anymore cash”

We simply dont have any cash mate.

Things will hopefully change in the Summer, but I cant see how we are gonna manage to sell the utter tosh we have.

Im sure people like Dave think Moshiri should be putting his hand in his pocket year after year, but the reality is that we have a massively bloated squad of players and we simply need to lose around 30 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.