2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah all he did was have a very good game against the best team in the leauge. It's pathetic really isn't it.

I swear to god there is no club in the world that hates it's young players like everton fans. It's actually embarrassing the way we treat players like Tom, dcl and Kenny ect.

No wonder our best youth prospect since Rooney legged it down south first chance he got.

Sad thing is the people who rip the back end out of them are the first to cry about loyalty when they leave.
Very good game?! Give over, what did he actually do?

I thought Tom played well tonight, he didn’t have a blinder but he was good. The one thing about him that always stands out for me is that even when he is struggling he doesn’t go hiding. A lot of our big money imports could learn from his attitude. He has a mental toughness about him.

That's extremely important. I said last night it makes a world of difference having a midfielder actually showing for the ball.

I don’t understand it, I love seeing the young local lads come through, it’s one part of football that isn’t just who’s got the most money to buy the best players.

I’ve said before I think fans think they look intelligent when they criticise players and say they not and never will be good enough, but with young players it’s not easy and getting on their backs doesn’t help.

Maybe Rooney ruined it all and now fans think they aren’t good enough unless they are pretty much putting in consistent world class performances, but the majority you have to be patient, Spurs are a good example where a few have been coming through at around 21/22.

I think Rooney, Lukaku, Barkley, Stones etc. ruined it all by being actually good young players who demonstrably impacted games, rather than simply being "local lads who ran about a bit".

From a fan perspective I think it is a shame we've lowered out standards to such an extent that people thought Davies played well yesterday. Barkley would have been torn asunder for a similar performance.

I don’t understand it, I love seeing the young local lads come through, it’s one part of football that isn’t just who’s got the most money to buy the best players.

I’ve said before I think fans think they look intelligent when they criticise players and say they not and never will be good enough, but with young players it’s not easy and getting on their backs doesn’t help.

Maybe Rooney ruined it all and now fans think they aren’t good enough unless they are pretty much putting in consistent world class performances, but the majority you have to be patient, Spurs are a good example where a few have been coming through at around 21/22.

I couldn't agree more mate. I love watching the young lads coming through the ranks, there's pride to be taken in it for me.

The problem is there's no patient's with fans nowadays. Everyone wants the players to reach their potential right now and if their not then their not good enough or ever will be. Then they get it into their heads their crap and then that's that. Nothing that player can do will ever change that because they now have a agenda against that player.

Look at Harry kane he was doing naff all in the championship till he was 20. He's a rare player obviously but my point is players need time to develop and to gain exsperience. You can't write players off when their young.

Like it or not people are going to have to get used to us playing young players and them being inconsistent while we develop them. By the sounds of it from what brands and Moshiri have said that's the direction we're going in.

Thought he had his best performance for some time. Hopefully he will be given more games and start to show consistency and then start taking his game to the next level.His first touch is still a bit suspect and his passing is still a bit inconsistent.More games should improve his confidence to improve in those areas.
It’s fine to criticise him but don’t condemn him every time he puts the shirt on and tries to do his best.

Yeah all he did was have a very good game against the best team in the leauge. It's pathetic really isn't it.

I swear to god there is no club in the world that hates it's young players like everton fans. It's actually embarrassing the way we treat players like Tom, dcl and Kenny ect.

No wonder our best youth prospect since Rooney legged it down south first chance he got.

Sad thing is the people who rip the back end out of them are the first to cry about loyalty when they leave.
I hate this about us. Thought the same about Barkley but then he was also a bit impatient and should have given the new coaches a chance. Anyway, let's try and love our young players. Got a great group Vlasic, DCL, Davies, Kenny, Holgate, Beni, Lookman, Dowell, Pickford, maybe Onyekeru , surely we can make even 4 of them PL players!

Very good game?! Give over, what did he actually do?

The lad lead from the front, he worked his socks off and injected a much needed dose of passion and energy into what has been recently a very lack luster side. He linked the attack and the midfield well and was always available for the ball. He put in to some good tackles and pressed high exstreamly well.

The lad did plenty the issue is people like you have a agenda against him and it doesn't matter if he scored a hatrick and solved world hunger in his celebration you still wouldn't give him any credit.

I think Rooney, Lukaku, Barkley, Stones etc. ruined it all by being actually good young players who demonstrably impacted games, rather than simply being "local lads who ran about a bit".

From a fan perspective I think it is a shame we've lowered out standards to such an extent that people thought Davies played well yesterday. Barkley would have been torn asunder for a similar performance.

No Barkley would not. Firstly, Barkley very rarely played a genuine midfield role for a start.

You're having a total mare here. Your agenda is very poor. If you rate Stones so highly (as I do too), then why are you slating a 20 year old up against him for being dominated? Not that I agree that's what happenned because I have functioning eyes. But there would be no logic to your argument even if you were right.

Maybe if you accepted Stones and Lukaku etc are gone, we are now a poor side, and you recognised we are going to have to rebuild from a low base, then you would have some objectivity in your opinions.

Chased harried linked up well with Gomes ,threw tackles in,drove the midfield well ,but if you hate the player you won’t see anything he did well
I don't hate the player, on the flip side of your argument, if you love the player, you'll see no wrong.

He's not a very good player and shouldn't be in this team. He does a simple thing and gets praised because of the very low bar he has.

I don't hate the player, on the flip side of your argument, if you love the player, you'll see no wrong.

He's not a very good player and shouldn't be in this team. He does a simple thing and gets praised because of the very low bar he has.
He should be in the team as what we have on the bench don't deserve to start. Run of games in that role till end of the season hopefully as he set the tone for us last night against a very good side

I've been impressed with Davies the last few games. He's always making himself available and trying to get the team moving forward. His movement has been really good and he's playing some nice one two football. I've been a critic of him but if he can keep this up he'll keep his place in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.