Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that they just got a new manager, his 1st game and are fighting for their survival. So I am happy to come away with 3 points

Watched the game on a stream.Proper po faced even when we scored and Pickford made that save.
Final whistle I was still still seething from Saturday.
Have now double checked and we did in fact win 1-0. Arms raised. Come on yo Blues..

Deary me.

I'm not judging Siewert on that performance, we were asleep until the goal and then his gameplan went out of the window and it was just an uphill battle from there. No-one could weight their passes correctly and some awful individual performances. I know you've probably not seen much of us play but we truly have played better than our position and points tally would suggest, not for the last 6-7 weeks granted but prior to that for sure.

Digne should have let Diakarby shoot, he's been garbage all year (in the few performances we've seen) and looks like he's won a raffle to play in the first team, he wouldn't have scored! He's lightning fast but that's about it.

I'm happy that we'll be playing Championship football next year. We can't compete at this level, I'm glad that we got promoted and managed to stay up another year for the financial security that has given the club and that my dad got to see us in the PL which he (and I) didn't ever think that we would.

I've seen some comments that you don't think we'll be any good in the championship and I suppose only time will tell but I can't see us doing a Sunderland, we're a much better run club than that and I'm excited to see what this young, modern manager can do. We've had a dream last 3 years and before that, we were a bottom half of the championship team so if we can consolidate and build for next season then I think we'll be competitive.

Also, the officials are truly terrible in the premier league, when we got promoted we were looking forward to better refs but they've truly been worse! Only downside, other than the money is that we'll miss out on VAR!

Anyway, good luck for the future, I've enjoyed both trips to Goodison and may we meet again soon in the future!

Deary me.

I'm not judging Siewert on that performance, we were asleep until the goal and then his gameplan went out of the window and it was just an uphill battle from there. No-one could weight their passes correctly and some awful individual performances. I know you've probably not seen much of us play but we truly have played better than our position and points tally would suggest, not for the last 6-7 weeks granted but prior to that for sure.

Digne should have let Diakarby shoot, he's been garbage all year (in the few performances we've seen) and looks like he's won a raffle to play in the first team, he wouldn't have scored! He's lightning fast but that's about it.

I'm happy that we'll be playing Championship football next year. We can't compete at this level, I'm glad that we got promoted and managed to stay up another year for the financial security that has given the club and that my dad got to see us in the PL which he (and I) didn't ever think that we would.

I've seen some comments that you don't think we'll be any good in the championship and I suppose only time will tell but I can't see us doing a Sunderland, we're a much better run club than that and I'm excited to see what this young, modern manager can do. We've had a dream last 3 years and before that, we were a bottom half of the championship team so if we can consolidate and build for next season then I think we'll be competitive.

Also, the officials are truly terrible in the premier league, when we got promoted we were looking forward to better refs but they've truly been worse! Only downside, other than the money is that we'll miss out on VAR!

Anyway, good luck for the future, I've enjoyed both trips to Goodison and may we meet again soon in the future!

...great old club is Huddersfield, you should have ambition to play top flight football. That ambition needs to be supported by a strategy that enables survival without bankrupting the club. It’s probably lots to do with getting the right Manager and buying the right players. We’re not talking about catching Manchester City, it’s about being competitive with the bottom 10.

...great old club is Huddersfield, you should have ambition to play top flight football. That ambition needs to be supported by a strategy that enables survival without bankrupting the club.

The ambition is there, for sure, hence that we don't keep pedalling the same wheel of managers that do the rounds and that the money we've received hasn't hastily been spent on players with the hope of staying up but it's been invested in the infrastructure of the club. We've got a new £20m training facility being built this year and until we have an owner with deeper pockets (and an equal love for the club to ensure it's run right) then I just don't think that we have the financial resources to be anything other than relegation fodder year in, year out. It's demoralising.

We can regroup in the Championship next season, the rest of this season is a free hit for Siewert and then he can do his business in the transfer window in the summer and push for promotion again next year or the year after.

The fans will have a season where we might actually win some games or see some goals and a season or two where hopefully we'll have the high's of pushing for potential promotion or even the playoffs.

What constitutes a successful season for you guys? Great achievement when you reached Europe and then a bit of struggle playing in Europe and the PL last season? What are the aspirations for a well established non-top 6 premier league club? Genuine question, not being clever.

I'd love to see some other clubs in the PL challenge for top 4 or top 6 but not sure how realistic that is without billionaire buyouts who are willing to spend big.

I also really hope Cardiff and Burnley stay up, two clubs that could be considered 'small' like Huddersfield and to whom survival would be amazing for their fans!

The ambition is there, for sure, hence that we don't keep pedalling the same wheel of managers that do the rounds and that the money we've received hasn't hastily been spent on players with the hope of staying up but it's been invested in the infrastructure of the club. We've got a new £20m training facility being built this year and until we have an owner with deeper pockets (and an equal love for the club to ensure it's run right) then I just don't think that we have the financial resources to be anything other than relegation fodder year in, year out. It's demoralising.

We can regroup in the Championship next season, the rest of this season is a free hit for Siewert and then he can do his business in the transfer window in the summer and push for promotion again next year or the year after.

The fans will have a season where we might actually win some games or see some goals and a season or two where hopefully we'll have the high's of pushing for potential promotion or even the playoffs.

What constitutes a successful season for you guys? Great achievement when you reached Europe and then a bit of struggle playing in Europe and the PL last season? What are the aspirations for a well established non-top 6 premier league club? Genuine question, not being clever.

I'd love to see some other clubs in the PL challenge for top 4 or top 6 but not sure how realistic that is without billionaire buyouts who are willing to spend big.

I also really hope Cardiff and Burnley stay up, two clubs that could be considered 'small' like Huddersfield and to whom survival would be amazing for their fans!
The aspirations of Everton should always be to take on any team and expect to compete and hopefully beat them. Otherwise there's no point in us getting out of bed is there?

....I reckon the ambition for us this season is seeing progress on the pitch. We are under no illusion that it will take time to turn around the Koeman/Walsh era, but there is concern with recent form under Silva.

I know Huddersfield’s history, particularly the greats like Ray Wilson and Dennis Law playing for Bill Shankly in the 50s and 60s. Ray Wilson was truly world class and one of the greatest i’ve seen playing for the Toffees. Good luck to you.

There's no official 'away' pub, there's plenty of options close by and away fans are welcome in pretty much all...

There are several bars in the town centre (about 10 minutes walk from the JSS), Wetherspoons may not let away fans in if you have your Everton shirt on.

On Leeds Road there is a pub that serves food (all main meals are BOGOF) called the White Rose (about 5 minutes walk from the ground), welcomes away fans and gets quite busy so if you want a table get there early.

Just off Leeds Road, there is the Gas Club, £1 entry for non-members but super cheap drinks. Also serves burgers, chips etc. in the downstairs canteen area - not a glamorous venue but cheap. Also has parking first come first served I think.

Magic Rock Brewery - about 15 minute walk to the stadium, has some great real ales.

There is a pub called Rope Walk right next to the stadium.

If you want free parking that's walking distance head for Fartown, that's where I park and always been fine. 10 mins walk to the ground.

Really looking forward to this was gutted when Wagner went but got a good feeling about Siewert.

Safe trip to all travelling fans. Hope to see some of you pre-match, I'll be in Gas Club.

Thanks mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.