January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save from the time your 20s
Don’t spend money on tattoos , piercings , holidays , festival , social drug taking at the weekends , clothes and man bags , don’t tap your card for skinny white lattes and cream cheese and salmon bagel for lunch ( bring your own )
Work every hour you can for 2 years and save every week like clockwork
That’s what we did and got a mortgage with a 15% interest rate
It ain’t easy and nothing was handed to us on a plate and we didn’t make excuses

I had to move the the other side of the planet, then work 84 hours a week , in a 36 degree , 90% humidity hole isn’t the middle of the Australian bush while getting no sleep because the locals break into your room every night, for two years to buy my home , like you said, I spent most of my 20’s spending money on crap and I had to catch up if I wanted to own my own home before I was 33

I know Moshiri said we are going to target players 25 or under from now on but with regards to the striker problem we just need to buy someone with proven quality who can give us 2-3 years. Not only would this solve our striking problem I also believe this type of player would bring the best out of Sigurdsson and allow Richarlison to go back on the left where he is most effective. Who this striker is I'm not sure but if someone of the requisite quality is available and they are 27-30 I would still say sign them as they could make the vital difference. Lookman/Bernard/Walcott battling for the place on the right with 2 of them joining DCL on the bench and we would have game changers as well. Right Back and Centre Midfield can follow the age plan but this one position is so essential we just need it done.
Why should we do something that
A )Is totally against what Moshiri has said we will do
B) is totally at odds with the way Brands has operated on the past
C)and most importantly
Has us in the shitstorm we are in now

I had to move the the other side of the planet, then work 84 hours a week , in a 36 degree , 90% humidity hole isn’t the middle of the Australian bush while getting no sleep because the locals break into your room every night, for two years to buy my home , like you said, I spent most of my 20’s spending money on crap and I had to catch up if I wanted to own my own home before I was 33

Sounds like Alice Springs, still the same now

If only it was that simple for everyone. I’ve got mates same age as me (late twenties), working every hour they can just to keep above water, without any of the luxuries you mention.

Batshuayi though. Not at £40m
You would be surprised what you can do if you put your mind to it
How much money do you spend every week that’s not not totally necessary
Anyway we ain’t signing anyone Bar possibly a youth for the academy
Hopefully 4/5 out (Not Gana )

Apologies if it's already been discussed but for those that don't want Bats' (I'm not buying into the Batman stuff, I just can't spell his name), would you not agree he's better than DCL and Tosun?

So by buying better than what we have, we'd improve? Isn't that how all teams improve?

Apologies if it's already been discussed but for those that don't want Bats' (I'm not buying into the Batman stuff, I just can't spell his name), would you not agree he's better than DCL and Tosun?

So by buying better than what we have, we'd improve? Isn't that how all teams improve?
Sure, but if he doesnt go on the cheap, is it worth it in the long run, or will we just end up with another Schneiderlin?

He is better than Tosun and Naisse
But so is practicall every other starting CF in the league
Should we buy Deeney , Rondon , Murray ?

If we buy Bats then within 18 months ( or less ) he’s sitting on the bench getting 100k a week for scratching his testicles
We need to buy players who will go straight into our first 11 and stay there for at least 2 years while we sort out this mess of a squad
As I said earlier no point in buying squad players while we have squad players coming out of our arses

Status
Not open for further replies.