January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But morgs isnt getting a game anyway, so it is only really losing one active player. Morgs is probably 4th in line at the moment behind Davies and even Jimmy Mac

He has been the sub coming on recently has he not?

But the Gomes situation will be the same either way. We'll need to either sign him or replace him in the summer whether we sell 1,2 or no other midfielders, because he's a shoe in to play every game at the moment. So unless you're advocating Schneiderlin becoming a key player again for us next season - in which case you are in a minority of one - it literally makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to the strength of the squad, other than us having Ndombele instead of Gana, which most people see as a good thing.

It's the all at once scenario though I'm referring to. If gueye left now and we replaced him then it's easy enough. Then in the summer we can reorganise the midfield if need be. However putting ourselves 3 midfielders down potentially is a much bigger ask, especially if the player we sign proves to be not good enough!

I'm not advocating him be a key player but simply an experienced player to have in the squad. By all means if we can directly replace him and gueye then there is no issue. But I would rather bring a much younger midfielder in and have the experience of Schneiderlin for example in the squad. It's obvious we are going for younget players now but we still need experience in there. McCarthy isn't good enough, Davies hasn't improved since 2 seasons ago, Benni is nowhere near ready and they will form the back up no matter what the scenario.

Except one thing.

We lose two midfielders, three if gomes isn't here next season and replace with one.

So if gomes gets injured we have McCarthy and Davies as our only back up.

Would be incredibly.bad business by the club
We are a mid table side at the moment, you can’t realy expect us to have world class midfielders sitting on the bench. And if we don’t get Gomes we will sign somebody else.

I highly doubt we will get Ndombele, but surely everyone on here would be over moon to swap gana & Schneiderlin for him. If we get injuries so be it. No difference if we keep Gana and him and Gomes get injured.

Just look at spurs, lost wanyama & dier, Dembele is getting sold. They have been left with Winks decent young player. Sissoko who was a laughing stock last year and an 18 kid. And this a champions league team, who are supposedly going for the title.

Who you thinking Bo?

I have no idea mate.....I just don't believe one word anyone says in football and I think Mr Usmanov is already backing us so we have far more money than we are cracking on.

I wouldn't be suprised at all to see someone like Ndombele or Lozano in an Everton shirt come the 1st Feb.

For the last few windows we've had all the negativity around spending and every time we've come up trumps. Even last January, us giving what was basically a caretaker manager (in Mr Moshri's eyes) £50 million to spend was an indication of our new found wealth.

I don't see them pulling the purse strings on Brands and Silva any time soon. Especially after the success they have had with there last few signings and with Brands recentley being promoted to the board.

Last edited:
But he was saying that one would be coming in too. So if nobody would notice if Schneiderlin went now, why would they then? It would leave us with Gomes and Ndombele as first choice, Davies on the bench and McCarthy, Baningime and potentially Williams as back up if necessary. I can't see how anybody could ever see that as bad business.
Take into account the current abilities too and Ndombele is miles ahead of either of those we'd be shipping out. Future World Class player perhaps. A definite strike in the win column for the club, IF they could pull that off. I'm very doubtful it will happen though.

You literally said he wasn’t very good haha.

He also doesn’t play for PSG at the minute so that’s a good argument.
I meant he wasn't as good as Verratti and Rabiot. Which he isn't. And I'm pretty sure the chart included his time at PSG if it wasn't just entirely based on last year.

This is silly though. PSG are trying to sign Gana and Doucoure instead. We aren't talking about a world beater which is my whole point. Sometimes stats can be skewed.

If you want a different example look at Iheanacho when he was at City vs Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.