2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the team currently plays to Davies strengths and he isn't experienced enough yet to adapt his game.
He is not a defensive midfielder and he can't control the play as Gomez does. He is a box to box midfielder but the team currently does not use that type of player.

At the moment our team seems to be broken into three very separate divisions in defence , a midfield pair and then a forward quartet , I doubt that we will see any goal scored from midfield from now until the end of the season.

I'm confused as to why there is still a split in our fan base over him.

I consider myself to be a pretty level headed person, have attended almost every home game since 1989 so pretty well versed on judging a player.

I've literally seen nothing since that City game to convince me he is anywhere near the level Everton aspire to be at.

I don't hate him, I get behind him if he starts, but I want to see us threatening for titles and I am afraid he just doesn't cut the mustard for me. He isn't particularly good at any aspect of the game and his football brain is nowhere near quick enough.

Christ. Best of luck being impressed with any player that plays for us in the next 20 years then.

Don’t understand the comment really mate? I’m impressed by ability and performing on a match day. Digne, Gomes etc...

Not one person thinks Davies will one day be good enough for a title challenging side. However if that's the standard you're setting then we're knackered, because we are not a title challenging side, haven't been for two generations and probably won't be for another long, long time. For the record, Gomes has been awful for the past month.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Language
Not one person thinks Davies will one day be good enough for a title challenging side. However if that's the standard you're setting then we're knackered, because we are not a title challenging side, haven't been for two generations and probably won't be for another long, long time. For the record, Gomes has been awful for the past month.

To be honest mate if you are implying that he will ever be good enough to play in a title winning side then you mustn’t have watched him for last 2 years. He’s poison. He just isn’t as good as we all wanted him to be after that goal, it’s just taking some blues (not many) linger than others to accept that. He’s [Poor language removed].

To.be honest

To be honest mate if you are implying that he will ever be good enough to play in a title winning side then you mustn’t have watched him for last 2 years. He’s poison. He just isn’t as good as we all wanted him to be after that goal, it’s just taking some blues (not many) linger than others to accept that. He’s [Poor language removed].

To.be honest

lol mate, did you read what I just said?

Not at all. Barkley was overhyped massively and his move to Chelsea has shown that. Davies is playing a turgid style of football that doesn't play to his strengths.

Ross is back in the England team and playing regular for a top 4 team.

But yeah, his move has proved how not good enough for us he is.....

Some of our fans are just crazy!!

Ross is back in the England team and playing regular for a top 4 team.

But yeah, his move has proved how not good enough for us he is.....

Some of our fans are just crazy!!
That’ll be the Ross Barkley that’s getting slated by Chelsea fans for not imposing himself on games and that his own manager has stated ‘needs work’.

Right.

That’ll be the Ross Barkley that’s getting slated by Chelsea fans for not imposing himself on games and that his own manager has stated ‘needs work’.

Right.

Ok mate.

Spin that all you want. Every player needs work, and even Alonso is now getting slagged off now by some Chelsea fans.....Kante too by the manager.

Fact remains, he is playing regular for a team much better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.