January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not the thread, but do you find Yanks offensive? I mean to me a Yank is simply somebody from Murica, it has no ill feeling from my POV, but ive read its offensive to some Muricans?
its like Aussies calling us brits 'POMS'

I don't find it offensive whatsoever, but I believe it is meant in a derogatory way

I get called pommie all the time , doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Yanks , jocks , paddy , krout all the same. These days tho people will take offence to anything and that, imo , is their problem. Context is everything and intention is everything , when your young you speak to your best mates and abuse them like no other and no offence is ever taken , because it’s all in jest. People are way to sensitive these days

It is ... was informed earlier ... buy then all marcel.. buy all the Brazilian children
If he can find gems like Lozano for instance on the cheap then I’m happy. Marcel has done very well so far with what we have got in let’s just hope he keeps improving year on year

Chart had nothing to do with goals or assists. For the record my intent isn't to say he can't play. I'm making the point that I doubt he's a top 5 midfielder at dribbling and passing forward like those stats said and that instead the fact that 3 PSG midfielders stand out is due to how they play.

You literally said he wasn’t very good haha.

He also doesn’t play for PSG at the minute so that’s a good argument.

There's absolutely nothing offensive about it. If I did find it offensive, it would be pretty hypocritical considering how direct I can be on this board and in real life honestly. It's just a bit strange, the only time we'd ever say Yankee was in reference to someone from North of the Mason Dixon Line, which is indeed a North South refernce. But yeah, nothing offensive, that would be silly.

Back to the TV packages, it's just crazy how much access we have here. Keep in mind, growing up, we literally could not watch soccer. It was not on. Simply not. About the only bit we could watch was indoor soccer, which is just hysterical on so many levels. Preki, though.

Now, it's just ridiculous. Now I pay for NBC Gold, which allows for me to watch every EPL game. It is like $50, which isn't nothing. But I also pay $4 a month for ESPN+, where I get every MLS match, tons of FA Cup matches, virtually every Serie A match, friggin A-League, Liga MX, etc.
BeIN Sports is even more ridiculous, and it comes with our regular TV package along with the APP, where I can watch every La Liga match, every Ligue 1 match, tons of Turkish League matches, and quite a few others. Like do I seriously need to watch every African Champions League match? Welp, they are on the app if I want to.

Fox Sports Channel comes with typical TV package along with the app, so I can watch every Bundesliga match and much of Liga MX (which is hard to watch I must say), as well as the Dutch league if you can believe it.

Beyond that, all the Mexican channels carry the rest of the Liga MX matches and GOL TV has a bunch of other stuff.

Seriously, how absurd is that?

Absurd? I’d love it. My favourite thing about going on holiday to the US is the TV you have. Can’t get basketball to save my life in England these days now BT lost the NBA.

....it’s day 16 of the January transfer window which means we’re more than halfway through. Here’s a summary of Wednesday morning Toffee transfer rumours;

- A number of outlets pick up on yesterday’s rumours saying Everton’s priority is a swoop for Espanyol striker, Borja Iglesias who has scored 9 goals in La Liga this season.

- According to Italian news website, Il Messagerro, Everton are lining up a bid for 32 year old Roma Forward, Edin Dzeko as a short-term fix for their goalscoring problem.

- The Daily Mail and Corriere Dello Sport link Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin with a move to AS Roma. The Toffees will be happy to let the 29 year old go for a cut of the £22m that the Frenchman cost in January 2017.

- Football Ghana report Everton are amongst a number of clubs tracking Sparta Prague striker, Benjamin Tetteh, who is available for €12m.

- Get France Football suggest Monaco’s loan move for Michy Batshuayi is stalling because of interest from Everton.

- Sky Sports say Everton defender, Tyias Browning, is on the verge of joining an unnamed Chinese club.

- UOL continue to link Everton with Porto’s 20 year old defender, Eder Militao. The Brazilian has a £42.5m release clause in his contract.

- According to The Star, Everton have joined the race to sign Lyon’s midfield sensation, Tanguy Ndombele.

....it’s day 16 of the January transfer window which means we’re more than halfway through. Here’s a summary of Wednesday morning Toffee transfer rumours;

- A number of outlets pick up on yesterday’s rumours saying Everton’s priority is a swoop for Espanyol striker, Borja Iglesias who has scored 9 goals in La Liga this season.

- According to Italian news website, Il Messagerro, Everton are lining up a bid for 32 year old Roma Forward, Edin Dzeko as a short-term fix for their goalscoring problem.

- The Daily Mail and Corriere Dello Sport link Everton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin with a move to AS Roma. The Toffees will be happy to let the 29 year old go for a cut of the £22m that the Frenchman cost in January 2017.

- Football Ghana report Everton are amongst a number of clubs tracking Sparta Prague striker, Benjamin Tetteh, who is available for €12m.

- Get France Football suggest Monaco’s loan move for Michy Batshuayi is stalling because of interest from Everton.

- Sky Sports say Everton defender, Tyias Browning, is on the verge of joining an unnamed Chinese club.

- UOL continue to link Everton with Porto’s 20 year old defender, Eder Militao. The Brazilian has a £42.5m release clause in his contract.

- According to The Star, Everton have joined the race to sign Lyon’s midfield sensation, Tanguy Ndombele.

Out of that lot only the last two vaguely exciting and virtually non existent chance of happening. Doubt Ndombele would come and surely only the slightest of possibilities if Gana goes to PSG and we shift Schneiderlein off the wage bill for a reasonable fee. Now if Brands could pull that off he’s definitely the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.