January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone take Solamon Rondon?

Plays the one up top well, holds it up and gets a few goals. Obviously I think he`d get more for us with the clear cut chances we create and continuously pass up!
It will be interesting to see what type of forward Brands & Silva go for, I think it maybe someone totally different to Rondon.

Someone with pace, and very good movement, not a target man type. Rondon is a decent striker but he’s hardly prolific.

FYI I dont think we are signing anyone and this squad is not good enough. The 1st 11 probably is a top half side but the rest is a waste of space......

That part is mental. Bournemouth spend 19m on a player who has scored ONE goal in his senior career and people are balking at 10m and 20m for players who have scored loads more? Not only that, it's probably the only chance they have at staying in the league which would give money considerably more than the prices quotes.

Hopefully, there’s teams out there who are pressured into taking a hit as the month goes on.

I stil think should anyone leave, we may not see a replacement come in. Ideally we get a beast in, but I just think we may go with what we have until the summer.

According to the Sunday Express, Sunderland, Everton and Wolves have joined the race to sign Sunderland striker Josh Maja, who has recently turned down a new contract at the Stadium of Light

......apologies, having Internet problems. Regardless, better late than never with a Sunday morning transfer rumour round-up;

- Bournemouth Daily Echo and other outlets suggest Everton could bid £15m for Bournemouth’s 24 year old winger, Ryan Fraser.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton are willing to sell Cenk Tosun if a club meet the Toffees £20m valuation. Oumar Niasse is also available.

- The Daily Mirror says Marco Silva has no intention of giving the green light to a James McCarthy loan move this January.

- According to The Express, Everton and Spurs are keen on Sunderland’s 20 year old top scorer, Josh Maja, who’s current contract expires at the end of the season.

Hopefully, there’s teams out there who are pressured into taking a hit as the month goes on.

I stil think should anyone leave, we may not see a replacement come in. Ideally we get a beast in, but I just think we may go with what we have until the summer.
I'd rather wait until summer. At least we'll have a couple of months excitement, speculating how good our new signing will be before he turns out to be crap. Signing them in January means the misery is immediate.

Status
Not open for further replies.