Match Thread Everton v Lincoln City, FA Cup, Preview, Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All my negatively stems from terrible team performances and subsequent losses or draws..

I always want us to win and not once have I ever said or wanted us to lose.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone being critical about our team and manager

What we are being served up is amatuer stuff and it needs to improve and quick or else we will be dragged in to the bottom half scrap for survival

There is no wrong or right here friend. This is your emotional response to a situation that runs deep within you. It's hard to break out of that narrative. Years of commercial marketing has created the super fan. Super expectant because your heroes earn Kings ransoms. You will demand perfection but only a handful of teams can reach it. The inequality is highly unfair but you still expect to be up there, every time. I understand that. I'm on your side.

Guess what though. These men trying to kick these balls into opposition nets, believe it or not they are human just like us! They see this as a job. They want to do the best they can without upsetting the likes of us who watch them. It makes them vulnerable. The constant fan abuse, via social media and at the ground, numbs them so much they decide to block out the noise. This means they don't care bout you or the club anymore. They just want to do their best and earn their money, wherever they play, for the least amount of aggro. Stress is a terrible thing no matter how much you earn. One of the important things a modern manager teaches is to get players to block out this noise. It's to protect them, especially if young, so as to get the best out of them.

It's not your fault. I agree with you. I respect your honesty. Just need people who rabidly criticise all the time to try and see how this eventually pulls a club down. Players need support, they need space to express themselves. Constant harrasment makes them leave or become apathetic.

At first glance, I thought the keeper must have made a mistake as it seemed to be in the air for a long time and didn't have too much pace on it.

Although, after getting home and watching it again it's actually a really good header as he's got it up and over the keeper. Strange by the defender however!

Did anyone else see Silva at full time go over, embrace Lookman and have a good talk into his year? I suspect it may be a "Well done. You've a future here" etc.

Unfortunately, I think it was probably 'keep working hard and you may get on the bench'.

The zonal marking on set pieces needs to be binned. So static.
The zonal system itself is fine most teams do it these days, our problem is the players and how they are setting up in it. When we are defending in the system, some of the players are actually in a man to man setup(usually on the posts) and the rest are zonal. Were we seem to go wrong with it is like today when our smallest players Baines/Bernard are marking man to man against their largest and our biggest our standing in the middle marking an area (or each other like today) This is down to Silva and the coaching staff, they should be practicing this over and over again till the players know their position in the setup. Zonal marking works fine but the players have to know where to lineup and ours don't seem too.

At first glance, I thought the keeper must have made a mistake as it seemed to be in the air for a long time and didn't have too much pace on it.

Although, after getting home and watching it again it's actually a really good header as he's got it up and over the keeper. Strange by the defender however!

Did anyone else see Silva at full time go over, embrace Lookman and have a good talk into his year? I suspect it may be a "Well done. You've a future here" etc.
Tell you what, it deffo went fully over the line lol

There is no wrong or right here friend. This is your emotional response to a situation that runs deep within you. It's hard to break out of that narrative. Years of commercial marketing has created the super fan. Super expectant because your heroes earn Kings ransoms. You will demand perfection but only a handful of teams can reach it. The inequality is highly unfair but you still expect to be up there, every time. I understand that. I'm on your side.

Guess what though. These men trying to kick these balls into opposition nets, believe it or not they are human just like us! They see this as a job. They want to do the best they can without upsetting the likes of us who watch them. It makes them vulnerable. The constant fan abuse, via social media and at the ground, numbs them so much they decide to block out the noise. This means they don't care bout you or the club anymore. They just want to do their best and earn their money, wherever they play, for the least amount of aggro. Stress is a terrible thing no matter how much you earn. One of the important things a modern manager teaches is to get players to block out this noise. It's to protect them, especially if young, so as to get the best out of them.

It's not your fault. I agree with you. I respect your honesty. Just need people who rabidly criticise all the time to try and see how this eventually pulls a club down. Players need support, they need space to express themselves. Constant harrasment makes them leave or become apathetic.

I’m afraid that will probably fall on deaf ears. He’ll probably be outside in the road by now, waving an empty cider bottle and shouting at cars.

I’d try him again around midday tommorow

Was another one in which Pickford has saved the first attempt and then an opposition player has slotted the second attempt. Our players rarely seem switched on enough to get to the ball first and clear the danger.
Why doesn’t Pickford do his job and come out and attack the ball, he’s glued to his line, thinks he needs his passport to come out of his six yard area, getting beyond a joke now, mind you this zonal marking doesn’t help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.