Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will always be people who cannot grasp that the game has moved on to a situation that apart from flukes, the majority in the premiership cannot compete with the top dogs, who are City, our dear neighbours, (note the lack of an expletive), and probably Chelsea. Two others are there or thereabouts. Close your eyes and imagine it was Barcelona we played today and not City. Same difference. No contest on most occasions. Get with it, and stop pretending we are what we are not, and may never be again for all I know. I suspect the ones who are most condemnatory of Everton today or any other day probably don't go to the games and live in another world of yesterday with li'l ole teams like Watford and Bournemouth who are there for the taking. It will take Silva another 2 years to get us to 6th. Get real, turn up and back a squad of players who would never get on the bench of the big 3. That is life. If you can't take it, you have a problem.

Had a fair few chances, more than most teams create against them, especially at home. With a proper striker, we could very possibly cause serious problems for these teams in the so-called Top Six. All the time we don’t have that striker, we’re going to be having this conversation about decent performances, taking the game to them, etc, but walking away with nowt. My current view is still that this is a transitional season, we’re playing OK, etc, and that we need to see what the window brings. If we can get a decent striker and a RB to compete with the sixty grand man, we can do well this season.

Thank god for EITC. the only thing this club has to be proud of, silva's another no mark manager that can't get 50m players to pass the ball 10 yds.The fume on here after the christmas period will be crazy, because this team has gone.

Had a fair few chances, more than most teams create against them, especially at home. With a proper striker, we could very possibly cause serious problems for these teams in the so-called Top Six. All the time we don’t have that striker, we’re going to be having this conversation about decent performances, taking the game to them, etc, but walking away with nowt. My current view is still that this is a transitional season, we’re playing OK, etc, and that we need to see what the window brings. If we can get a decent striker and a RB to compete with the sixty grand man, we can do well this season.
Yes, correct that we need a new striker....but that should not take away from that some of the chances we are missing...those by supposedly pretty good players is just not good enough...whether we get a new striker or not.

Out of interest, have we had a truly standout performance this season yet ? My memory is shocking but genuinely can't think of one match where I was like 'yeah we look good, this is promising for the future'.

Beating Fulham 3-0 seems to be peak Everton this season...

Yes, correct that we need a new striker....but that should not take away from that some of the chances we are missing...those by supposedly pretty good players is just not good enough...whether we get a new striker or not.
Yeah, but until those chances are falling to actual strikers instead of the pretty good players we’ve got that aren’t strikers, we are where we are.

Out of interest, have we had a truly standout performance this season yet ? My memory is shocking but genuinely can't think of one match where I was like 'yeah we look good, this is promising for the future'.

Beating Fulham 3-0 seems to be peak Everton this season...

Leicester away. Fetch the open top bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.