2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of in the loan category. He's got some great physical tools, but would be nice to see him put it all together at a slightly lower level. He might continue to develop.

...I honestly can’t see the point in loaning a player to somebody who is arguably our 2nd choice striking option behind Richarlison. The lad is just a very useful squad player and I could imagine the last thought on Silva’s mind is giving him to somebody else.

I'm kind of in the loan category. He's got some great physical tools, but would be nice to see him put it all together at a slightly lower level. He might continue to develop.

Kane was piss poor on loan at Leicester and in the u21’s. I remember slating him plenty of times, always in good positions but one of the first finishers I’ve ever seen.

It’s seeing Kane since, that gives me hope DCL can keep improving and hopefully make a good first choice striker.

I don’t think it’s helped DCL that he’s been chopped and changed around the wings and striker roles. I think it also hasn’t helped him with our fan base too. Shove Niasse or Tosun on the wings and you’ll see just how much of a better all round player DCL is.

I don’t think it’s helped DCL that he’s been chopped and changed around the wings and striker roles. I think it also hasn’t helped him with our fan base too. Shove Niasse or Tosun on the wings and you’ll see just how much of a better all round player DCL is.
Well sure, but both Niasse and Tosun are much, much better finishers than DCL, which is needed in a striker. Id like DCL to maybe get a run against weaker teams as a wide target man. He’s quick, can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Its finishing when it matters that lack.

Well sure, but both Niasse and Tosun are much, much better finishers than DCL, which is needed in a striker. Id like DCL to maybe get a run against weaker teams as a wide target man. He’s quick, can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Its finishing when it matters that lack.

..his pace and power means he will find himself in goalscoring positions more often than the others, particularly Tosun. His finishing isn’t great but he’ll get more chances. His game also suits the way we play, particularly away from home and he’s now an important member of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.