2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlucky to get turned for the first goal, was off balance/out of position a little because of the interception he made, on another day that interception goes a yard or so either side of Torreira and suddenly we're on the counter again. Still room for improvement on his performance and he needs to improve areas of his game as a whole but he put in a decent display against Arsenal and I hope he can build on it. Needs to be more combative in winning possession back and more composed in his passing.

Unlucky to get turned for the first goal, was off balance/out of position a little because of the interception he made, on another day that interception goes a yard or so either side of Torreira and suddenly we're on the counter again. Still room for improvement on his performance and he needs to improve areas of his game as a whole but he put in a decent display against Arsenal and I hope he can build on it. Needs to be more combative in winning possession back and more composed in his passing.
He tends to put a bit of pace into his passing, occasionally catching a player of ours in a good position off guard. A bit more composure in these moments would benefit Tom greatly.

Jenas was a very good player in his youth. I'm talking more your ridiculous comparison to Lee Cattermole.

It's not that bad. Both better off the ball than on it. Both got a few games for the under 21s. If anything I'd say Lee Cattermole had more impact on games at this age than Davies did.

He is rated by plenty of people...

So you have to either rate him dead highly or slaughter him after every game regardless of how he’s played because you’ve already established your set in stone opinion? What about those that want to see how a 20 year old kid develops as a footballer before throwing wild hyperbole all over the internet? I know it’s a rare breed in this day and age, but we are out there.

He’s going to be nothing more than an average PL player, people need to stop thinking all our academy players are going to be worldies and start living in the real world.

Not one person is saying he’s going to be a ”worldie”. Funnily enough I think that’s the reason people have no patience for young players anymore. The sooner our fans stop expecting our own Steven Gerrard to magically appear from our academy the better an environment it’ll be for these players to develop properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.