2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some weird people on here!

Im ok with the constructive criticism, but the comments about him being captain and about his performance (his best for a good while) are just bodering on strange!

Its like you have fell into the SKY trap of, you have an opinion, and no matter what happens or what goes on, you are going to spin that opinion/agenda as you feel that your opinion is the only one that matters.

Love the lad i do! And he suits th earmband and i hope he wears it every game, even if its a homemade one that his mum made just to wind the lot of you up!

Tom Davies industrious midfield player for Everton aged 20....

Had a good game Sunday very busy & led the midfield with forward runs,short passes & through balls with forward pressing & tough tackling he was one of the better players for Everton....

Needs to improve on. : passing ability,shooting, & decision making....

Promising midfield player with box to box mentality U21 international & predicted future full international Tom Davies will be a future star player for Everton...

Signs of progress from him IMO

I think that when Gomes is fit, a midfield three of Gana or Schneiderlin, Davies and Gomes might work better than the 4231 set up we have to play with Sigurdsson in the side

Thought he did alright yesterday but CHRIST does he make some daft decisions both on and off the ball. There comes a point were even a 20 year old needs to start showing that there's enough about him to become a consistently effective player in that position, given the amount of games he's played for us already...

He learns that from Gueye.

Anyone who wants him dropped deserves a lifetime of Gueye & Schneiderlein induced misery.

That’s the real crux of it. Could we get a better midfielder than a 20 year old kid? Of course we could. Out of our current midfield options do we have anyone better? No. When he plays he has his limitations but he brings a better balance to midfield than the unholy trinity do. He has to ply between now and January, there’s no other real option.

That’s the real crux of it. Could we get a better midfielder than a 20 year old kid? Of course we could. Out of our current midfield options do we have anyone better? No. When he plays he has his limitations but he brings a better balance to midfield than the unholy trinity do. He has to ply between now and January, there’s no other real option.

Well, when Gomes is fit, hopefully there will be a better option!

Agree completely. Shame about Gomes being crocked but there are no other available options that are better so folks need to wind their necks in.

I still think he's an excellent prospect.

He was one of our better players yesterday.

I actually thought he played well in amongst top class opposition. He certainly was more effective than any other attacking player (Richarlison played well too but the rest were dreadful). He made a couple of errors on the ball but who doesnt in this team. The criticism of him given the state of the rest of the team is ridiculous. He’s nowhere near our worst player at the moment, nowhere near.

I actually thought he played well in amongst top class opposition. He certainly was more effective than any other attacking player (Richarlison played well too but the rest were dreadful). He made a couple of errors on the ball but who doesnt in this team. The criticism of him given the state of the rest of the team is ridiculous. He’s nowhere near our worst player at the moment, nowhere near.

The difference in performance levels home and away is telling though. We seem to get on the backs of our own players more than we do the opposition these days.

Fourth manager to see something in him. Captain at 20.

Obviously something about him.

I think, at the very least, he needs a settled team/squad around him if his development is to continue. As much as he's floundered in recent times I'd rather we didn't pull the trigger on him yet.

He arguably shouldn't be an integral part of the team.. yet. He needs a couple more years to establish himself in one position if he wants to make it is own for years to come. To be honest though I'm still not entirely sure if making him captain has been a good call or not..

he was always looking for forward passes butt sadly DCL's movement was poor.

best game for Tom in a while. Some neat work and touches across the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.