Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not suggesting he is anything special at all, merely that he seemed a useful comparison given that he plays the same position and was signed by Watford a month ago for 1/3 of the fee they want us to pay for a player with a significantly worse record than someone that's supposed to be rubbish.
You have a point on the fee. However that includes compo to Watford so the 35 could be as low as 25 for the player himself .

You have to factor in also that this lad last season by christmas had played a total of 62 games for club and country in both England and Brazil. So you can forgive his output in 2018 to be a little poor, only the top athletes in the game can play at a high level for so many games.

Heck, we have a player in Lookman who scored or assisted roughly every game in Germany, despite not being a certain starter for them. So what do we do? Spend crazy money on someone who shouldn't be a starter for us (because it should be Lookman and Walcott). Well in Everton.

He didn’t score or assist in roughly every game though.

He played 11 times, 3 assists and 5 goals, but he actually went five matches without doing either, hitting a purple patch towards the end of the season, when many Bundesliga players would have put in a full seasons graft and Lookman had been well rested.

Also worth pointing out he was playing for a strong team, while Richarlison was playing for the mighty Watford.

Can’t wait till he hands in a transfer request in 15 months to go to Utd

Up Everton
Quite possibly. But if that happens it means he's done really well for us and so we'll make a profit out of him.

Far better that than what's happened with the likes of Klaassen, Keane, Bolasie etc etc etc.

I'm genuinely excited by this season, I this apart from Walcott its the first signing made in over a season that actually improves us. Siggy coming in was clearly inferior to his predecessor, though I think he will be useful this season, but Richarlison comes in and instantly improves us. Looks a tough lad as well and a nice powerful size for a winger, its one of the things that stood out for Croatia is that rebic and perisic were big strong runners. I'm, pleased to have him, hope lookman stays as he's the most obvious talent out of the youngsters, vlasic being second though the yard dog lovers have written him off based on friendlies.

Excited to see the lad play, and theres not many a blue shirt I've said that about in 12 months

He didn’t score or assist in roughly every game though.

He played 11 times, 3 assists and 5 goals, but he actually went five matches without doing either, hitting a purple patch towards the end of the season, when many Bundesliga players would have put in a full seasons graft and Lookman had been well rested.

Also worth pointing out he was playing for a strong team, while Richarlison was playing for the mighty Watford.
Yeah there isn't much comparison between Timo Werner and the man who's head looks like its made out of play dough by a GCSE art student whos never seen a human face, Troy Deeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.