New Everton Stadium Discussion

Mayor Joe alluded to it a while back, misunderstood what he meant, but now, it becomes crystal clear. In my world anyrate.

Any quotes from joe you can post mate?

In my opinion for what its worth, there is simply too much noise about all this. Moshiri has a plan, no doubt only a few people will know about the plan but im 100% sure he has one, he knew from day one where the ‘source’ for the rest of funding for the stadium was coming for. He’s just been doing the council a favour by the structure of other funding. Being nice to the council in order to get planning etc also so he gets first dibs on the docks.

Any quotes from joe you can post mate?

In my opinion for what its worth, there is simply too much noise about all this. Moshiri has a plan, no doubt only a few people will know about the plan but im 100% sure he has one, he knew from day one where the ‘source’ for the rest of funding for the stadium was coming for. He’s just been doing the council a favour by the structure of other funding. Being nice to the council in order to get planning etc also so he gets first dibs on the docks.

He was interviewed a few weeks back on local radio, about the ground and that, and was asked how the balance of any spending on it would be met. He said, to paraphrase, "Thats up to Mr Moshiri". I took that to mean "Its his job to sort it"

Now, I am not so sure I understood his comment correctly.

I think people were wary of having a track around the pitch so to prevent bad publicity that is how they wanted it to appear.

In reality I suspect the CW games was always plan A.

It was way too coincidental that we only found an investor around the same time.

An investor that seemingly has no intention of funding it himself.

It wasn't mate. The CWG wasn't a consideration for us when they started. Dont forget Meis was aware of the outline brief 12 months before it was even really mentioned on here.

It wasn't mate. The CWG wasn't a consideration for us when they started. Dont forget Meis was aware of the outline brief 12 months before it was even really mentioned on here.

Yep. The only affect the CWG had was as a handy fig leaf to allow LCC to nod through that SPV thing, imo.

But its quite possible that we we have a few renders ready to go, I suppose the funding and ticking the boxes regarding environmental and heritage red tape would be the first step.

Still see no possible way we are gonna be in any new stadium till 2025 personally.

So much still to do.

Nah once it gets going properly it’ll fly. Will go from 0-100 real quick