New Everton Stadium Discussion

They arnt lobbing a 10 story car park next to the Liver Building. The ground is a mile away from the "iconic" waterfront pic we all know.
I know. I cant see the problem either. But UNESCO appear to have their own view of what's appropriate. These are the minefields that have to be tip-toed through at such a historic site.

I know. I cant see the problem either. But UNESCO appear to have their own view of what's appropriate. These are the minefields that have to be tip-toed through at such a historic site.

Nope. UNESCO have one card. LCC have one card.

Derelict dockland. Multi Billion investment into Liverpool, plus £12m pa into LCC coffers.

Tough one to sell that.

What makes you think I believe that?
In 18 months of following the forum, can't remember a single time that I saw you post anything that suggested the club have got something right. Not even the legacy that EitC have planned for Goodison. You criticise the Board, the owner, the Mayor, even Meis. For a while I thought you must be a plastic red in disguise, winding us all up, but the mods stopped me in my tracks - swore blind you are a true blue with an inside track on all things Everton. Thought I'd give you the respect all posters deserve by reading your posts whilst hoping every single time that you are wrong. Of course you may still be right, but if you are, what pleasure will you get from that? It will just mean we are going nowhere, destined to be **** for eternity.

As far as I'm aware it has and is a crucial tourism driver. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it;s what's always been claimed and it places the city on a level with other global attractions...at least that was the claim by the city's fathers until all of a sudden a section of them denied it has been or still is of importance.

Of course it is. ;)
I'm sure that you, I, and every other member of GOT wouldn't dream of booking a holiday or city break without first ensuring that our preferred destination had 'World Heritage Status'
:coffee:

Of course it is. ;)
I'm sure that you, I, and every other member of GOT wouldn't dream of booking a holiday or city break without first ensuring that our preferred destination had 'World Heritage Status'
:coffee:

There are probably a few folk who actually do, but you are right. It isnt a driver for visitors or investors to the City that UNESCO might like to think.

I think the idea is that any carbuncles built alongside the three graces denigrates the waterfront.
Which is quite ironic, given the fact that the Three Graces are themselves built on a filled-in dock.

Cities need to progress. It's time for this era to leave its stamp on this city. That is hopefully one of the World's best stadiums.

In 18 months of following the forum, can't remember a single time that I saw you post anything that suggested the club have got something right. Not even the legacy that EitC have planned for Goodison. You criticise the Board, the owner, the Mayor, even Meis. For a while I thought you must be a plastic red in disguise, winding us all up, but the mods stopped me in my tracks - swore blind you are a true blue with an inside track on all things Everton. Thought I'd give you the respect all posters deserve by reading your posts whilst hoping every single time that you are wrong. Of course you may still be right, but if you are, what pleasure will you get from that? It will just mean we are going nowhere, destined to be **** for eternity.
the ignore button may be your friend.

I think the idea is that any carbuncles built alongside the three graces denigrates the waterfront.

Forgive me if anyone already responded. What like this?

Attachments

• mersey-ferries-terminal.jpg
    mersey-ferries-terminal.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 179