New Everton Stadium Discussion

No mate. I didn't. I said it was endgame. Either the council check Anderson and his cabal and preserve Liverpool's WHS or they allow him to crack on with the proposals thereby having UNESCO strip the city of that status.

What would be the negative if UNESCO chucked the WHS status in the Mersey?

But the Liverpool Waters/Ground kicked in instead?

What would be the negative if UNESCO chucked the WHS status in the Mersey?

But the Liverpool Waters/Ground kicked in instead?

As far as I'm aware it has and is a crucial tourism driver. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it;s what's always been claimed and it places the city on a level with other global attractions...at least that was the claim by the city's fathers until all of a sudden a section of them denied it has been or still is of importance.

The usual suspects posting that negativity don't know anymore than you or I. They are just guessing and assuming the worst, whilst we are hoping for the best. I think we are nearly there but if it falls through now, then we are done I think. It won't - too many rich people going to get a whole lot richer off this and if Everton benefit from that, I am more than happy that they do. This whole process has been a closely guarded secret apart from a few images involving Walton Hall Park, Buro Happold and the CW games bid. Everton have kept prying eyes at bay effectively and maybe in the end we'll be glad they did.

It's been a rollercoaster and I have never spent so much time checking forums and twitter - the arrival of Moshiri and persistent rumours of a Russian oligarch in the background; USM getting our hopes up further; Croxteth as a plan B cheap option (oh God please no in comparison to a waterfront location); a world renowned architect spending what seems like an eternity on design whilst supping some pints in the Bramley Moore; the council guaranteeing EFC borrowing, then providing it; UNESCO interference (**** off); a Mayor caught up in a bit of dodgy dealings (it's ok he's an Evertonian and we need him for BMD); & now finally a fan consultation after 18months of speculation - all supplemented by some of the worst, most gutless performances that I have ever seen on the pitch in 46 years of support culminating in Sam Allardyce becoming the manager of Everton.

It is all 'Everton that' but maybe just maybe our luck & future prospects are about to change.

Summed up perfectly that and was really positive...then you mentioned Allardyce

Now I'm back in my Everton mode

As far as I'm aware it has and is a crucial tourism driver. I have no idea if that's true or not, but it;s what's always been claimed and it places the city on a level with other global attractions...at least that was the claim by the city's fathers until all of a sudden a section of them denied it has been or still is of importance.

I think it rubbed a few egos in council chamber, but in reality, a derelict docklands isnt exactly a Stonehenge or Royal Crescent in Bath.

As someone who has lived outside Liverpool for 45 years, the main tourist attraction to the City is Football, The Beatles, the ferries, (yeah, really), then maybe Albert Docks.

I would bet my mortgage that most olk dont even know the place has WHS anyrate.

I think it rubbed a few egos in council chamber, but in reality, a derelict docklands isnt exactly a Stonehenge or Royal Crescent in Bath.

As someone who has lived outside Liverpool for 45 years, the main tourist attraction to the City is Football, The Beatles, the ferries, (yeah, really), then maybe Albert Docks.

I would bet my mortgage that most olk dont even know the place has WHS anyrate.
I think the idea is that any carbuncles built alongside the three graces denigrates the waterfront.

Summed up perfectly that and was really positive...then you mentioned Allardyce

Now I'm back in my Everton mode
Sorry - my late father would be disgusted that he is our manager. However, SA is part of Everton history books now I am afraid - never thought I'd see Everton sink that low, but maybe relegation just could not be risked at this crucial time off the pitch. Don't worry - LFC have had Roy Hodgson.