2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this before and I’ll keep saying it, this kid is going to be a proper center forward, he leads the line well, his hold up play is good and his goal scoring record is not as bad as some people make out. He is some way from the finished article and in an ideal world would not be starting week in week out, but, this is not an ideal world it is post Koeman Everton. At least we can take comfort in the fact that he is getting valuable experience. Hopefully in January a center forward he can learn from and play alongside comes in.

Said this before and I’ll keep saying it, this kid is going to be a proper center forward, he leads the line well, his hold up play is good and his goal scoring record is not as bad as some people make out. He is some way from the finished article and in an ideal world would not be starting week in week out, but, this is not an ideal world it is post Koeman Everton. At least we can take comfort in the fact that he is getting valuable experience. Hopefully in January a center forward he can learn from and play alongside comes in.

See I don’t see him hardly ever holding the ball up and ‘leading the line well’ doesn’t actually mean anything.

Hopefully a bit part player from Jan 1st, maybe he can bulk up a bit, work on putting some aggression into his game, and work on his finishing in the U23 team.

Completely agree.

He will be excellent in a few years.

See I don’t see him hardly ever holding the ball up and ‘leading the line well’ doesn’t actually mean anything.

Hopefully a bit part player from Jan 1st, maybe he can bulk up a bit, work on putting some aggression into his game, and work on his finishing in the U23 team.

Think people have forgotten what it's like to have a quality forward up there. This lad tries hard and puts himself about but we'll be a much better side when Aubameyang signs.

Great thing about Dom is that he seems to really get under the nerves of defenders. Him and Kyle Walker had a few tussles in the Man City game before Walker put in the elbow, I think it was, to get sent off.

Today him and Lovren had a few battles before Lovren made the push.

It's not just purely Calvert-Lewin's goal and assist output, he's very good and winning fouls, which helps get us up the pitch. And if it also means we may get the odd penalty and opposition card, so much the better.

And if Dom is a bit of a snide, I like him even more ;)

U23 football is utterly pointless at this stage in his career.

It's hard not to root for this guy. Much better than that bum that Liverpool started upfront yesterday as well, although England will keep calling him up no doubt and leaving Dom at home...

Have to agree with that. He sometimes does very nice little lay offs and whatever and so looks like he's good at holding the ball up, but 90% of the time he fails to bring other players into the game. I've said before it's not his fault, we're asking far too much of him, but he's one of those players that some people have seemingly decided is much better than he actually is. Fast forward 6 months and people will be raging that he's 'gone backwards', see Davies, Schneiderlin, Keane, Williams etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.