2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Cuco's defending which messed up Mane's thinking when he went for goal, and missed, at the end of the second half. Martina was very careful to not race over to Mane which would have made it an easy decision for him to square the ball for an easy tap-in goal.

Might have seemed like a relatively small thing, but I think he more than anyone else in blue prevented that goal. 2-0 at halftime, I don't think we would have come back from that. Well in Cuco.

You’re assuming it was a clever decision on his behalf, rather than him being caught in two minds :)

But yes, I will give him the benefit and say it was a goal saving decision ;)

You’re assuming it was a clever decision on his behalf, rather than him being caught in two minds :)

But yes, I will give him the benefit and say it was a goal saving decision ;)

Weight of evidence on his defending so far says he didn't have a clue what to do, which ultimately turned out luckily the best thing at that time.

Badly need a new left back in January as its become the clear weak spot for opponents and that's even with Baines playing.

Its a bit of a joke, that we are not allowed to promote a young english left back who is home grown (Garbutt) into the team because of paperwork, so we are forced to play a third choice dutch right back out of position.

Great work by the English Premier league!

Its a bit of a joke, that we are not allowed to promote a young english left back who is home grown (Garbutt) into the team because of paperwork, so we are forced to play a third choice dutch right back out of position.

Young? He is 24! He is in proper McAleny territory.

Embarrassing to see Koemans buddy wearing an Everton shirt, what the hell has Garbutt done wrong not to get a chance before this guy. We should all chip in and pay for a one way flight back to Curacao so he can serve cocktails from a bloody beach hut.

This. He has done the square root of nothing for years.

Reason Garbutt isn't registered is that Koeman (and everyone else) expected him to go out on loan again. Unfortunately, so poor was he in his previous loan, no-one wanted him.

A spell back in the u23s might have helped him to clear his head and get back to basics: defenders have to defend first, attack second. Have been suggestions of an improvement this season, but that's at u23 level.

I agree, though, would be better than Cuco.

He can't be doing too bad we've let in 1 goal in 4 games since Baines has been injured. I'm by no means saying he's the answer but as he's all we've got till January!

Embarrassing to see Koemans buddy wearing an Everton shirt, what the hell has Garbutt done wrong not to get a chance before this guy. We should all chip in and pay for a one way flight back to Curacao so he can serve cocktails from a bloody beach hut.
Garbutt is eneligible to play another cok up by klop he can be registered in January 2018!

Looked completely out of his depth in the championship?

Poor old Cuco getting loads of grief. Shouldn't be here but not his fault. Also not his fault we haven't got another left-back at the club, other than an over the hill Baines; blame the previous manager or current DoF for us now having to play a lower league standard right-back at left-back.

Never having been to The Pit in my life I watched yesterday's game on the telly with the sound turned down so as not to be riled/influenced by whatever nonsense the commentators spout. Thought Cuco did some good things before he seemed to lose heart or have his brain scrambled by them targeting him. For a player of his age that's not good enough and for me he's a Championship player at best, although probably wouldn't get in quite a few of those teams either.

Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.