Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to give us some kind of edge for the cup game, can see Sam having a different game plan for that one, again which could frustrate the Kloppster

I bet their league form tails off over the next month because this madman is going to spend every waking hour obsessing about the cup tie and thirsting for revenge.

He strikes me as that kind of madman.

Glad you agree mate. He was crap wasn't he.
I think he's alright tactically, but made truly astoundingly poor personnel choices with constructing our team this year.

I think Moshiri overrated him in spending all that to bring him here, but it's not my money.

Hope big sam does well for us, also hope we can find our pochettino some day

this is some astonishing revisionism. sure he screwed up the transfer market and we've been a mess all season, but he turned around a deeply mediocre side,and cost a pretty penny to bring in. it just didn't work out

That paragraph contradicts itself in just three sentences :Blink:

You say he spent a “pretty penny”, that he “screwed up the transfer market” and that we have “been a mess all season”.

That sure don’t sound like a man who “turned round a deeply mediocre side” :blush:

Worst manager we have ever had, except maybe Mike Walker.

You say he spent a “pretty penny”, that he “screwed up the transfer market” and that we have “been a mess all season”.

That sure don’t sound like a man who “turned round a deeply mediocre side” :blush:

I was referring to his success in the first season of meeting our targets and also moshiri's decision to pay a lot for him does not ring of a 'lack of ambition'

This. I keep telling people who support other teams the exact same thing and they just can't see why, saying he did well at Southampton.
I'm convinced he would have relegated us. Even if we stay up, he has set the "project" back a few years on his own.

I blame Moshiri of course. His obsession with this mediocre, at best, Manager smells of an inability on his part to take us where we want to go on field. Clueless really. I hope he gets quality people around him into the club otherwise the "project", if there is one, won't eventuate.

this is not a contradiction with his total failure in the transfer market and organizing us this year. I think he was rightfully sacked, but to say he was all an unmitigated failure and a lack of ambition is-- as I said-- historical revisionism.

managers are sacked when they have a bad season, it doesn't mean everything that came before didn't exist

this is not a contradiction with his total failure in the transfer market and organizing us this year. I think he was rightfully sacked, but to say he was all an unmitigated failure and a lack of ambition is-- as I said-- historical revisionism.

managers are sacked when they have a bad season, it doesn't mean everything that came before didn't exist

True this, the first season to put right some of the Martinez damage was good, but then he took back and some more more, Sam has some work to do but the early signs are good

I bet their league form tails off over the next month because this madman is going to spend every waking hour obsessing about the cup tie and thirsting for revenge.

He strikes me as that kind of madman.
Exactly what I thought. I think we'll beat them too, the sight of Klopps head exploding will be glorious.

This. I keep telling people who support other teams the exact same thing and they just can't see why, saying he did well at Southampton.
I'm convinced he would have relegated us. Even if we stay up, he has set the "project" back a few years on his own.

I blame Moshiri of course. His obsession with this mediocre, at best, Manager smells of an inability on his part to take us where we want to go on field. Clueless really. I hope he gets quality people around him into the club otherwise the "project", if there is one, won't eventuate.
Moshiri needs better advisers....football brains ...not Luvvie BK
then his choices will improve

this is some astonishing revisionism. sure he screwed up the transfer market and we've been a mess all season, but he turned around a deeply mediocre side, and cost a pretty penny to bring in. it just didn't work out
He did have a good first season. Shame it all went tits up this one :(

Think most of us are forgetting that he went through a disastrous spell last season also but turned it around....and that was with less difficult games than this season. What got him sacked mainly was he wasn't able to hit the ground running with the money he spent.

The tactics were blob on. We knew what was coming.

They controlled possession and only scored with a foul and a moment of brilliance with the shot.

They are bang in form scoring goals out of nowhere and we made them look average in front of goal with a defence full of kids, williams and players out of position.

Ayyy

Think most of us are forgetting that he went through a disastrous spell last season also but turned it around....and that was with less difficult games than this season. What got him sacked mainly was he wasn't able to hit the ground running with the money he spent.
He lost the dressing room I thought. By the end no one even looked like they were playing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.