Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie Howe has got to be considered a serious contender surely.What he has done in gaining promotion and keeping in the premier league a club as small and limited as Bournemouth is nothing less than miraculous. His team's play attractive possession based football, work hard and don't seem flawed with the defensive version of Russian roulette imposed by Matinez. Apparently an obsessive when it comes to preparation, a manager who is out on the training pitch , not stuck in his office or on the golf course. And, he's an Everton fan, who would actually relish managing the club unlike someone I can think of. Finally and importantly he wouldn't cost the earth - he's on a contract until 2020 but apparently his income is £750K. He ticks an awful lot of boxes.

Whether you like it or not Unsworth's lack of experience as well as his low stature in the game make him a massive risk , one I'd prefer not to take at this juncture.
As for Koeman he's currently inarguably failing. However he is undoubtably a better manager than he is showing. This is his team and I would give him a little longer to fix it . That's my opinion but I fully understand people calling for his head at the moment , that's the price of failure.
On the DoF , if you look at my posts yesterday I had lost my rag with Walsh mainly over his presumed role in not signing a striker. I have calmed down somewhat and on the whole I still think he has done well in sourcing and signing players and will , I think, do well in his role. I still would have preferred Monchi though.
If your argument is against having a DoF though I strongly disagree. A DoF has the responsibility for the entire football side of the club. Do you think the first team coach has time to worry about how well the U12's are doing? A modern day football club is a complex business and the first team manager needs to concentrate on the first team alone. Managers are ephemeral and will always come and go , the DoF should provide the stability on the football side. Also with the amount of managerial corruption in the game , I would prefer them kept at arms length from transfer dealings and their fingers out of the till.
I hope that answers all your queries. :)
Not really!

How would something like Benitez even work mid season? He’s under contract at Newcastle. Surely there would be an insane buyout there.

Just give it to Unsworth now as “caretaker” and see if he’s got it in him. If he doesn’t, bring on a steady hand to get us safely through the season and either keep him on or find a proper replacement in the summer.

1. Sack Koeman.

2. Install Unsworth as "Caretaker" until mid-December.

3. Assess the situation then; if he's doing well, give him until the end of the season.

4. If he's not doing well, bring in a more established name. Allow that person the rest of December to assess the squad then bring in players in January.

This allows us to "test the waters" with Unsworth without committing to a 3, 4 or 5 year deal.

It also allows Unsworth to go back to his U23 job without the ignomy of being sacked.

after reading that article I like fonseca and he seems more realistic then tuchel and ancelotti, hell no to moyes or benitez. Seems to have the right mentality and doing well in a less than ideal situation. as opposed to RK who gets 200m to spend and 6m a year salary to play golf and throw all the players under the bus

1. Sack Koeman.

3. Assess the situation then; if he's doing well, give him until the end of the season.

4. If he's not doing well, bring in a more established name. Allow that person the rest of December to assess the squad then bring in players in January.

This allows us to "test the waters" with Unsworth without committing to a 3, 4 or 5 year deal.

It also allows Unsworth to go back to his U23 job without the ignomy of being sacked.
This all makes sense, which is why it wont happen, unfortunately.

after reading that article I like fonseca and he seems more realistic then tuchel and ancelotti, hell no to moyes or benitez. Seems to have the right mentality and doing well in a less than ideal situation. as opposed to RK who gets 200m to spend and 6m a year salary to play golf and throw all the players under the bus

Paulo Fonseca? Are you serious? He changed 8 teams within 10 years and he is even not handle a club in top 4 football leagues. FdB is an example of such managers who don't lead a club in top 4 football leagues, it is risky and lack of stringency.

Allardyce, not permanent ! To get us out of this relegation mess THAT WE ARE NOW IN.
Admittedly can't be believe I'm suggesting or the fact that it has come to this.

1. Sack Koeman.

It is ideal, but if Unsworth is not doing well and the points are far behind the other teams. Who will risky to become the manager of our team at that time?

Moreover, I think Moshiri pursue "big name" manager instead of the most suitable one in order to show our club or his "ambition" and hope to attract some "big name" players by the manager reputation, although I don't think it is work.

Status
Not open for further replies.