Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
115k, if that's the amount we're offering, needs to be the absolute maximum here.

I'm alright with that offer as he's a decent player and also it's considerably less than the Lukaku offer, which is only fair.

We have indeed. But we're still great pals.

tumblr_m85whcYZA01qf3eupo4_500.gif

Where are the rumours that he's staying coming from? Any decent source? Not being funny, just can't find it in the thread...

It didn't have to be done in public and by the manager. Indeed, it definitely shouldn't have.

The club has every right to protect its assets and sell them at peak value when they want to. But it should be done at boardroom level and not by alienating the player in the press.

Once that deadline went down by Koeman in the press, if Barkley signed it he'd have been publicly bending over and people would have called him thick and played like a fiddle. In essence, that ultimatum ensured this drags out at the bare minimum, because no agent worth their salt would have done a damn thing once Koeman said what he said, or at worst it publicised our weakness on the issue and devalued the asset.

If Barkley signs now, it's after Koeman's deadline and makes the manager look foolish. If we sell at a stupid price, it's because the manager basically transfer listed him and exposed our weakness, making him look foolish. He's done anything but 'play a blinder'.
I think the last thing on Koeman's mind is whether he looks foolish or not. It was getting the lad signed or taking as mush money as possible. It looks like he has achieved that

All he was doing was stating the obvious, whilst putting pressure on Barkley and his agent publically (totally the right call).
He either signs now and we protect the asset (Koeman wins) or it flushes out teams to put in a serious offer for him (Koeman wins).

... except he played pretty much every game last season and he's still a 20+ cap England international by the age of 23.

I don't get the hate for the lad to the point people are just outright making things up to hit him with at the moment. Proper weird.

Not making anything up... he was in and out of our team and last England appearance was 18 months ago... they are facts.. and if we signed a similar player... say the ox for 50m... people would be going off...

I don't hate him... but your on serious amouts of stimulants if you think he's worth 50m

Not making anything up... he was in and out of our team and last England appearance was 18 months ago... they are facts.. and if we signed a similar player... say the ox for 50m... people would be going off...

I don't hate him... but your on serious amouts of stimulants if you think he's worth 50m

He played in 36 of 38 league games last season, 32 as starter.

"In and out" indeed.

Complete nonsense.

"In and out" indeed.

Complete nonsense.

Another interesting stat for me was that he had 2 more assists than Mirallas who he played a lot more games than and 4 more than Bolasie who was missing from November.

His return last season was pretty poor, he has a lot to prove if he stays next season and will need to be on top form to even get a place IMO.

"In and out" indeed.

Complete nonsense.

How many games was he subbed? And if he played basically all the games... why is everyone whinging about how RK treated him? If he's being picked.... why does he "fear for his England place" and need to leave... barring in mind he doesn't actually have an England place to lose ...

Another interesting stat for me was that he had 2 more assists than Mirallas who he played a lot more games than and 4 more than Bolasie who was missing from November.

His return last season was pretty poor, he has a lot to prove if he stays next season and will need to be on top form to even get a place IMO.

True. He also took the vast majority of our set pieces which will probably help his assist/chances created stats. He was poor for decent chunks of last season. Had a strong January-March like.

Status
Not open for further replies.